Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
My husband has told me a couple times that drinking either a teaspoon or a tablespoon (he can't remember which one) of apple cider vinegar is good for you. I was also told by a friend that he used this as a weight loss tool. I've been trying it since it's good for you anyway. Every time before breakfast, lunch, and dinner I take a 1/2 of a tablespoon. I've been gaining weight while trying to lose and to my surprise this morning the scale went back down to where I was last week. Has anyone else tried this?

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

It has to be Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother in it, such as Braggs or Spectrum brand.

I use Braggs as I like the taste of it much better. I take a shot glass full every morning and it is great for relief of heart burn too.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/the-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the exact kind we have but I know once the stuff we have is gone we are going to check out some organic ones =) Thanks for replying!
  • mse123
    mse123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've herd that it is good for curing heart burn ?
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic for many things. I agree -- get the stuff with the Mother in it. It looks like little brown strands, but that's where the main nutrition comes from.

It's fantastic for heartburn, great when you're congested, etc. It's fantastic stuff, but tastes horrible. lol It's good as a salad dressing, though, when mixed with some sort of oil (I like hemp).
  • Jenner22
    Options
    Unfortunately it kicks starts my heart burn lol. I'm reading up on it now =)
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I just bought some, but be careful. I hear it is bad for your tooth enamel. Use a straw or brush your teeth immediately.
  • Jenner22
    Options
    I just read this:

Weight Loss

Another major apple cider vinegar benefit is weight loss. Although no one is sure how it works, it has helped many people lose weight. Click on the Weight Loss section to find out what the experts recommend as far as how much to take and how often, and the latest theories on why it works.

You can find the rest here: http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Never ingested it, it's never actually occurred to me to do that despite it being food. I wash my hair with it! Might consider adding a little to my salad when I have balsamic on it.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I doubt that it's going to have the dramatic effects you're attributing to it.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 teaspoons of Bragg ACV in water 3 times a day (before meals) but I didn't start this for weight loss--I started because I have an ACL knee injury that has started flaring up and the ACV is good for inflamation. ACV has amazingly reduced the pain I have from endometriosis, as well :)
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My Great Grandmother always did this...not sure how much she took but I remember my Mom telling me about it. I'll have to ask her and maybe give it a try. I use to take the apple cider vinegar supplements.
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Never ingested it, it's never actually occurred to me to do that despite it being food. I wash my hair with it! Might consider adding a little to my salad when I have balsamic on it.

Great idea!
  • runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 teaspoons of Bragg ACV in water 3 times a day (before meals) but I didn't start this for weight loss--I started because I have an ACL knee injury that has started flaring up and the ACV is good for inflamation. ACV has amazingly reduced the pain I have from endometriosis, as well :)

thank you for this information. I have terrible feet pain. wonder if this might help??
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I just read this:

Weight Loss

Another major apple cider vinegar benefit is weight loss. Although no one is sure how it works, it has helped many people lose weight. Click on the Weight Loss section to find out what the experts recommend as far as how much to take and how often, and the latest theories on why it works.

You can find the rest here: http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/

I know a lady that works in a Pharmacy in St Louis that said all she did was add 2 tablespoons Braggs ACV to her daily eating and she said she lost 65 pounds in 4 months. She mentioned several times that she did not change anything else around her eating habits.