Options
    I failed...:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • algiampolo
    Options
    ditto...

• 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Stupid work computer won't allow me on the site. How does it measure you for the "perfect body?"
  • bluebell81
    Options
    I'm not about to put myself through that kind of torture, but it is kinda cool that she's not a small or skinny girl yet she has the perfect body. I never wanna be skinny.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but "perfect" for what? I have the prescribed ratio, but I'm not perfect for most things.

I'd make a lousy horseback rider (I'm too tall) and a terrible long distance runner (I'm too thick). I'd make an awful long distance swimmer (not enough body fat) and I'd suck at modeling (I have body fat).

Here's my measure. Does your body move you around every day? Then it's perfect.:flowerforyou:
  • robbicide
    Options
    Anyone else weirded out that they are STUDYING WOMEN'S BODIES instead of doing something useful? :|
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    .78 I'll take it!
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Anyone else weirded out that they are STUDYING WOMEN'S BODIES instead of doing something useful? :|

Yesss...what the heck? Seriously? :grumble: Makes me MAD!:angry: Here is another one that pisses me off: copy+paste:smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHrVyVgwRg

She has a "perfect" body....according to whom? To what science? Hmmm...social standards. whatever.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    mine is 0.76595.....

:laugh:

who makes these rules anyways....i have like 70 pounds to lose...
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Mine is obviously far from perfect hahaha but I actually did watch a documentary about this very topic. The idea is that this is the type of, not only body, but face, that most people are the most attracted to. Apparently, this is the "perfect" combination that the vast, vast majority of people are attracted to. For the face, I can't remember how the calculations are made, but it's the same for the face... like, how far apart the eyes are apart, etc.

It's actually very scientific, and interesting that .7 happens to be such a predominant number in all of attractiveness. I believe that it even led into attractiveness in nature. "We" as people seem to be drawn to the .7 proportions....
  • jackeh
    Options
    Stupid work computer won't allow me on the site. How does it measure you for the "perfect body?"

waist devided by hips
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options

waist devided by hips

Thanks! .71. What does that mean?
  • jackeh
    Options

waist devided by hips

here this is the idea behind it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist-hip_ratio
    basically someone whos waist is 70% of their hips are scientifically most attractive... but i think its all sillyness....
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options

waist devided by hips

basically someone whos waist is 70% of their hips are scientifically most attractive... but i think its all sillyness....

"Scientifically"? Science is biased...this is ALL very silly.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options

Not weirded out but don't they have better things to spend their money on studying.
  • jackeh
    Options

waist devided by hips

"Scientifically"? Science is biased...this is ALL very silly.

absolutely silly... women need to learn to love their bodies the way they are not by some percentage..

thats the reason i put my percentage which is .76 which is supposeably close to perfect ... yet i need to lose 70 pounds still... its funny...
  • santoshrane
    Options
    i agree with that last bit.

You have to love your body the way it is, if you are not comfortable with it then even if you are a certain % you will still not see it as perfect.

its good to challenge your self , but the goal should be fitness. If you can run and stay active throughout with a trim waist size i guess u should soon be called S E X Y!!!

Healthy body is a healthy mind :)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    0.7083! :drinker:

lol, but there is no such thing as a 'perfect body'! Our flaws make us each unique and beautiful! :flowerforyou:
  • megancolleen
    Options
    here is my issue with this.. I have never had a small waste and I never will have a small waste.. Even when I was skinny and weight liek 115 pounds I still didn't have a very defined waste.. I am very straight and that is my body.. SO who says.. just because I don't have a waste I don't have the perfect body.. Yes obvi right now I don't have the perfect body.. but I think when I lose my 20 pounds my body will be perfect in my eyes!! haha.. and that is as good as it is going to get!! haha..