does it frustrate you when people cant drive in snow or rain

Options
JDMPWR
JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
Question for people that live in rainy or snowy states, does it bother you that people can't drive in the conditions that are the norm for the state you live in?

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Try living in So Cal... when its a little drizzle people get stoopid.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YES! I am generally very easy going, but I have some road rage... especially when it comes to people who live in Upstate New York and don't know how to drive in the snow! Haha
  • rachs02
    rachs02 Posts: 47
    Options
    Yes!!!!!! Every time it snows people act like it's the first time they've seen the stuff.......I live in Nebraska, this happens every year!!!! Come on people!!!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yes,it is crazy,we get a fair amount of snow (not this year yet) every winter and folks that have lived here their entire lives have no clue how to drive in it.
    Automatic transmissions,antilock brakes etc have done nothing but make people forget how to deal with bad roads.</rant>
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    "Anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

-George Carlin :heart:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Try living in So Cal... when its a little drizzle people get stoopid.

^^replace So with No, but pretty much this.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I just saw the neighbor up the street with an big SUV drive thru another neighbors front lawn which is a corner lot while picking up her daughter at the school around the corner.

I am sorry but you live up the street, you know where someone's lawn is.....I dont get it.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nothing more hilarious than watching an overly confident SUV driver in the snow.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I live in Alaska and there are lots of idiots here. The first day it snows there will be a line 10 blocks long to get studs on. It's like come on people, this happens every year.
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Nothing more hilarious than watching an overly confident SUV driver in the snow.

Oh. Was that you watching me?
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I confess, I'm one of them. Because it usually starts as rain, we get ice under the snow and you can't see where it is. I HATE that. Many years ago I was in 3 minor accidents during a snowfall. One was my fault (I slid down a slope & hit a parked car). I have'nt wanted to drive in the snow since. But then, everyone knows I don't go out when the roads are snowy - not even to go to work (I save up vaca days for that). People who live in dry-snow places, where it packs nicely and there's no skidding if you're careful, are truly blessed.
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just love the people who are so surprised by the snow, as if it doesn't come every year!
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Oh. Was that you watching me?

Were you overly confident and sliding into the intersection at a stop light here in Chicagoland? Or run off the side of the road? I'd imagine that, due to you living in AK, you wouldn't suffer from these problems. :wink:
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    It really bothers me when people are doing 60 with ice all over the road. Yes, it happens every year, but when you fishtail, lose control, almost crash, stop, and keep driving at the same speed? That's just stupid.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It frustrates me that they can't drive on dry roads!!!!
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    YES it frustrates the sh@t out of me that people in general seemed to be afraid of dark, wet, country lanes, speed...
    I am living in the UK, obvious, people in the UK do NOT know rain, it totally takes them by supreise, we all know it never ever rains here, and then there's one accident after the other...
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I get some major road rage because of this...especially because it's not the first time these people have had to drive in snow or rain and it will NOT be the last if you plan on living here for any extended period of time. If seeing one rain drop hit your windshield causes an instantaneous cranial/rectal inversion, then you shouldn't get behind the wheel of your vehicle...just sayin'.
  • jlfox165
    Options
    Yes.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    YES! I am generally very easy going, but I have some road rage... especially when it comes to people who live in Upstate New York and don't know how to drive in the snow! Haha

Totally Agree. I have a march Birthday, so when i turned 16 to get my license my dad purposely took me out in the snow to teach me. The most frustrating part for me is when its really bad, i will drive slower, and the people who think there special speed by and u pass them in an accident 5 miles later. SMH...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    If it terrifies you that much, then for the love of God, please stay out of the left lane!! :explode: