Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer

stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I've gotten bored with my workout routine and a friend of mine started the p90x thing which sounded cool but really intense. He mentioned the pull-up bar part and I live in an apartment so that is kinda hard so I searched tony horton and was looking for other routines by him.

I came across these 10 minute trainer videos which sound great! it's a super intense 10 minute workout for all different areas... including cardio!? I figured I could mix and match these in with my regular routine and do one if i'm pinched for time. Has anyone tried them, recommend them, or recommend something else??

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    I've gotten bored with my workout routine and a friend of mine started the p90x thing which sounded cool but really intense. He mentioned the pull-up bar part and I live in an apartment so that is kinda hard so I searched tony horton and was looking for other routines by him.

I came across these 10 minute trainer videos which sound great! it's a super intense 10 minute workout for all different areas... including cardio!? I figured I could mix and match these in with my regular routine and do one if i'm pinched for time. Has anyone tried them, recommend them, or recommend something else??
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    They're wonderful! I'd definitely recommend them! :drinker:
  • 9tattoos
    9tattoos Posts: 46 Member
    These workouts are good. The 10 minutes go by quick, and put up a good a sweat. I found mysefl getting stronger with the moves after a week. But I am following the calendar, so you are doing 3 10 minutes, such as cardio,abs, yoga flex. I enjoy the workouts, if its something to squeeze in your day, this would be perfect.
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    9tattoos.......Smoke FREE! That's GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work.
    You might try visiting with a personal trainer. Maybe they can mix things up a bit.

p.s. I'm smoke free for 1 year as March 8th!
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    I am also doing 10 Minute Trainer right now and LOVE it! You think that the workouts wont be that good cuz they are only 10mins and you are wrong! You do sweat and brings your heart rate up. I love beachbody products I just got done P90 but by the end I was bored, doing 2 videos 6 days a week for 3months no way but 10 Min Trainer is only 1 month and awesome! I am also following the workout calender.

SInce I started March 2 I can see and feel my body changing already. If you get 10 Minute Trainer you will not be dissappointed!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    "He mentioned the pull-up bar part and I live in an apartment".

Check into the Iron Gym, you've probably seen the commericals. I bought one at Walmart for 28 bucks. Its a great little piece of equipment. You can wedge it into a doorway (no mounting hardware), and can do pullups and chinups. Also you can wedge it at the bottom of the doorway for situps and crunches. Flip it around on the floor and you can utilize the iron gym for dips and inclined pushups.
    Check it out. I use mine in the morning before work or on days I don't go to the gym. Good luck.

-sarge
This discussion has been closed.