Eggs question

Options
albali
albali Posts: 225 Member
Hello
I read a lot on here about people eating egg whites (egg white omelette, I think). Can I ask what you do with the yolk once you have separated the egg? Do you throw it away? Cheers!

Replies

• slowcheetah16
    slowcheetah16 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mine goes down the garbage disposal
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When I used to do that I gave it to my cat. But now that eggs are considered healthy I don't separate them any more.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I buy egg beaters?
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Down the sink!
  • dynarider76
    dynarider76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Down the sink or to the dog. She loves egg yolks..
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    you can buy egg whites
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    when you guys give it to your pets, do you give it raw? or cook it?
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You dont have to go through the hassle of separating the the yolk out. Most supermarkets actually sell cartons of liquid egg whites. The cartons look like milk cartons. You can buy the egg beaters that still have yolk in them OR you can just buy the plain ole liquid egg whites. I strictly eat egg whites and go through a few cartons per week.
  • SmujnZ
    SmujnZ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Raw to the dog in her breakfast! Seriously though Eggs are a wonderful complete food - *I* choose not to eat the egg yolk because I don't like the flavour!
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I buy only egg whites (simply eggwhites, from naturegg).
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I scramble them up for my daughter, or use them in baking. Most of the time though I eat the whole egg, I have room in my breakfast for that.

Ven
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I eat the WHOLE egg..it's good for you :smile:
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Whats bad about the yolk? (I ate eggs for the first time in about 10 years last week, still not a huge fan but struggling for lunch ideas) x
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Its just me if I'm gonna eat an egg I'm gonna eat an egg they are good for most people some people have a preference. My Dr never told me I was gonna die if I ate a yolk. If I chose not to eat the yolk for some reason I would give it to the dog or cat
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I do one whole egg + 6Tb. All whites. I don't like just the egg whites, but I'm doing high protein so I get more protein this way.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Depends where you are in the world. Egg white cartons/ egg-beaters etc isn't readily available in the UK.

If I want to do a scrmable with one whole egg and one white, I give the spare yolk to my dog (raw).

But I usually just eat the whole egg.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I eat the WHOLE egg..it's good for you :smile:

Ditto! So many nutrients are in the yolk!
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think people eat just the whites because they are very low in calories, and still high in protein (17 cals, 3.4g protein) vs the whole egg (70 cals, 6g protein). I like my eggs overeasy with done today for dipping, then feed any cooked yolk to my son because I don't like the taste of it. If I am making a breakfast sandwich, then I'll do just egg whites (i use egg beaters).
  • sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I do 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites (biiiiiiig omelet) but I either throw away the yolks or my father in law takes them and mixes them with 1 whole egg for an omelet for himself =)
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I buy both whole eggs, and eggwhites (in half gallons)

I usually eat an abundance of eggwhites and a few whole eggs, as a meal.