Falling off the wagon... :(

Options
Yeah, the title says it all. I've been working out, sure, but my eating habits have been really horrid since I've been sick. It doesn't help that my fiance brought home TWO BOXES of donut holes. Raaah.

Anyone care to share some healthy recipies, words of wisdom, anything to help pull me back up on the wagon?

Replies

• purpleparadox
    Options
    Yeah, the title says it all. I've been working out, sure, but my eating habits have been really horrid since I've been sick. It doesn't help that my fiance brought home TWO BOXES of donut holes. Raaah.

Anyone care to share some healthy recipies, words of wisdom, anything to help pull me back up on the wagon?
  • jeffging
    jeffging Posts: 1
    Options
    Sorry about that, but I went to your message because I'm just getting back on the wagon after having been off for about 2 week. I didn't even weigh today because I don't want to know! I guess we just take it one day at a time, and try not to beat yourself up too much about the past.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I will be honest getting off the computer and going for a brisk walk is the first start to feeling better..if your at work then take a walk on your lunch break...there is no secret recipe for success but the main thing is to stop making excuses, stop using food as a reward, and stop putting food on a pedestal its just not worth it, you deserve to feel better 24hrs later after you eat...you deserve to not feel guilty...donuts might be one of your weaknesses but you can learn from this experience and have only 2 donut holes next time and then take a short walk afterwards. If its the case where all of your calories are used up for the day then I would suggest saving your portion until the next day...I hope I dont sound harsh but seriously telling you tomorrow is a new day is NOT going to cure what your feeling now...but I am willing to bet a good cardio workout will minimize the guilt.....try pushing yourself harder when working out so when that donut stares you down you can look at it and say " heck nah I am NOT going to eat you after all the sweat I put in working out"..good luck:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Sorry about that, but I went to your message because I'm just getting back on the wagon after having been off for about 2 week. I didn't even weigh today because I don't want to know! I guess we just take it one day at a time, and try not to beat yourself up too much about the past.
    You should weigh in it keeps you accountable...isnt not weighing in sorta like throwing out the bills when you know they are due LOL:drinker:
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    Well first off if i'm reading your post right, congratulations on your engagement!! I'm engaged too and getting married next July which is why i'm here! Those fiances always know how to bring home yummy things and I don't know about you but i'm like, "OK!" i'll just work out a little more. Although I never really do that. I think this site is great for helping you eat right. My whole day is entered so I know when I go home I can eat my dinner and a snack if i've entered it and then that's it. I like knowing how many calories I have left. Although i've been here a little over a week and have only lost a pound but i've also only been to the gym 3 times - so i'm the opposite from you, i need to work out!

i think it's really great you've been working out because that's really important. I think one of the best things to do is pack your food for the day before you go to work and include snacks! lots of snacks! this way you'll feel like you're eating all of the time. get good snacks like sugar free pudding, string cheese, apple sauce or those 100 calorie packs of popcorn. and if your fiance brings home donut holes have one but make sure to include it in your calories for the day!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You will be okay...you can get back to it!!! YES YOU CAN!! This isn't a sprint race, its a marathon!!! Reevaluate your eating habits and exercise and set new goals. Don't beat yourself up for the past. Believe me I know and I hold a lot of regret due to gaining 55 lbs back after a back injury, but when it comes down to it, the past is the past and we all need to focus on today.
    Maybe just focus on doing exercise a few times a week. That always makes it easier for me to make better food choices. Whatever you do, don't get down on yourself. If you want to make this a lifestyle change, there will be bumps off the wagon! So run and get back on! :)
    Best of luck...but you don't need luck...I'm sure you are a strong person screaming to get this done!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Find a different way to deal with negative emotion. That would be my advice. :smile:

I too turn to food when I'm feeling ill, or stressed, or down... but that isn't a helpful or healthful way to deal with life. Try to find something to replace the food. A new hobby (I've taken up sudoku - when I get the urge to munch because I'm stressed I grab my sudoku book instead!), a bath, anything to stop you from grabbing those donut holes.

Good luck!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Guess I'm lucky, my DH is too lazy to go to the store before heading home, if junk is in my house, guess who bought it............................... ME:grumble: :laugh:
  • purpleparadox
    Options
    Well, I went around the circuit once at Curves this morning (couldn't do more, my shoulder is acting up, blah) and I'll be doing the 1.5 mile walk to campus in a little bit, once I get done with work. I think the worst part is the tempting food that Bryan makes or brings home. Hopefully all his friends will eat all the donut holes when they're over tonight.

And man, I would kill for some string cheese right now. Bryan didn't pick up any at the store this week because it's so expensive, but it's one of the snacks I love to eat and is actually good for me. (Pretzels just don't do much besides dehydrate me, and they're one of his favorite snacks...)

I just have to keep telling myself I can do this. Even if I have to get the healthy foods out of my own money, instead of the house money, I can do this. :)
  • purpleparadox
    Options
    Find a different way to deal with negative emotion. That would be my advice. :smile:

I too turn to food when I'm feeling ill, or stressed, or down... but that isn't a helpful or healthful way to deal with life. Try to find something to replace the food. A new hobby (I've taken up sudoku - when I get the urge to munch because I'm stressed I grab my sudoku book instead!), a bath, anything to stop you from grabbing those donut holes.

Good luck!

I like the sudoku idea- I absolutely LOVE doing sudoku pizzles, I even have a sudoku game on my phone!
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Well, I went around the circuit once at Curves this morning (couldn't do more, my shoulder is acting up, blah) and I'll be doing the 1.5 mile walk to campus in a little bit, once I get done with work. I think the worst part is the tempting food that Bryan makes or brings home. Hopefully all his friends will eat all the donut holes when they're over tonight.

And man, I would kill for some string cheese right now. Bryan didn't pick up any at the store this week because it's so expensive, but it's one of the snacks I love to eat and is actually good for me. (Pretzels just don't do much besides dehydrate me, and they're one of his favorite snacks...)

I just have to keep telling myself I can do this. Even if I have to get the healthy foods out of my own money, instead of the house money, I can do this. :)

If its house money you should have some say in what kinds of foods he brings in the house..donut holes arent even one bit of nutrition lol so he really cant justify them verses string cheese lol..perhaps you guys could 50/50 split on the grocery money and each of you spend your own portions as u choose.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I would defitantly bring that to his attention, I mean instead of buying donut holes he could of bought the string cheese for you. If you are going to be sucessful it's very important to have the right foods at home for you to be successful. This is about YOU being healthy and happy:flowerforyou: