I'm thrilled, but a little confused.....

Options
I've been really hitting it hard the last 2 weeks, and have lost 4.3 lbs!!!! :happy:
My confusion is when I get on the scale. My scale measures body fat % and water %. My body fat has gone down a little of 2% (WOOOO HOOOO!!) but my water has actually gone up.
Is this normal?

Replies

• weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've been really hitting it hard the last 2 weeks, and have lost 4.3 lbs!!!! :happy:
    My confusion is when I get on the scale. My scale measures body fat % and water %. My body fat has gone down a little of 2% (WOOOO HOOOO!!) but my water has actually gone up.
    Is this normal?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yes especially if your not paying attention to your sodium content ..a lot of times when we diet we tend to eat salads which contain dressing *sodium* lettuce *water*...not sure if this pertains to you but it may be worth looking into....Also canned items and frozen prepackaged foods:drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Your muscle holds water... also factors would be if you urinated recently, drank more water this time than the last time....etc.
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I never even thought about sodium....
    I went into my settings and added it on my foods list so I can watch it closely!
    I've already eaten 400 of my 2500 for the day, and I've only had breakfast!! :grumble: I'm gonna really keep an eye on it!

Thanks again! :flowerforyou: