Flushing & itching skin!

Options
This is something that I noticed when I jog/running on the traidmill.
Firstly I feel different parts of my body itchy! Most times is the abdominal skin and my shoulders. After a while my skin begins to flush. My chest, my arms my face (only the cheeks).
I noticed today that the flush stays for a few minutes after I complete the exercise. Is it normal?
I look like I have an allergy!!! It's not all the skin red but just parts of it (don't know the right English word to write it!).

Replies

• charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    no one?
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I get that too. I thought the abdomen part was in my imagination. I think maybe we just have very sensitive skin. If I go in the bath or shower I'm blotchy for hours afterwards.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    Are you at a gym or home? I'm a complete germ-a-phobe. My daughter has an immune disorder so I CLEAN everything! I work out at home because I can't leave her in the gym nursery with her disorder. But, when I did go to the gym, I would bring my own Clorox or Lysol wipes and wipe it down before I would use it. I didn't care if someone had just "cleaned" it & got offended. I would break out sometimes from the handles. I think certain soaps or lotions people may have on their hands would do it. I have sensitive skin anyway.
  • charm_quark
    Options
    Are you at a gym or home?....... My daughter has an immune disorder so I CLEAN everything! .....

I'm at gym. Always.
    That is why I ask people if they have it too and if it's normal.

I already have an auto-immune disease (chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis - Hashimoto) and I have read that it is possible in the future to have other auto-immune problems.
  • monty_williams
    Options
    It's called Exercise-Induced Urticaria. Certain food triggers such as celery, cheese, seafood, tomatoes and wheat. In some cases, alcohol can also cause exercise-related allergies. If that's the case, avoiding those foods for 4-6 hours prior to exercise should help. Urticaria can be triggered by sweating or extreme temperatures. Exercising in a cooler, dryer climate, or lowering your exercise intensity may reduce symptoms

Other causes could be excessive Niacin, which induces Niacin flush in some people. Also, if you're taking a pre-workout suppliment or drink, iy may contain beta alanine which causes a flushing, itching sensation in some people.
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    I get the same exact thing! I'm allergic to mold. Therefore, sometimes when it rains, in the shower, or especially when I do cardio my skin turns red and gets itchy. Basically any moisture that's on my skin gives me that result.
  • wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds about right, thought it was just me and my ginger freckly skin
  • charm_quark
    Options
    It's called Exercise-Induced Urticaria.

I googled it and I found myself!!! Thanks