How do youmeasure food?

Options
I am curious how others track their food. I have been dieting on and off for years but in the last couple of years I really started tracking my food - obsessively (when I am doing it). My husband thinks I'm crazy and the amount of dirty dishes we have - due to measuring - drives him crazy. So when I am counting calories I weigh and/or measure everything. If I try a recipe that does not include serving size I transfer the recipe to a bowl on the scale and do the math so that I can be as exact as possible. Everything that I am doing takes a lot of time, but I have found that if I don't do it that way I slack off. Some say I am OCD when it comes to tracking my food. So...how about the rest of you. Where on the scale of tracking do you fall? On as scale of I pay no attention to I measure/count/weigh everything?

On a side note - I have just about worn out my food scale, anyone have a favorite?

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I measure everything, but I don't cook elaborate meals so it's easy. My meals are all simple, with three or four ingredients.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I have become portion conscious also. I weigh or measure most everything. I still use my old weight watchers scale. probably should update it soon. Enjoy.