Hi, I'm new here!

Options
So I am just putting out my feelers and introducing myself as I am new to this site, but not new to weight struggles. I am 29, 5'9" and 228 lbs. I have battled being overweight for most of my life and with 30 on the horizon (June!) I decided it's time really commit to making myself healthier. I love the quote "if you really want something, you will make it happen. If you don't, you will make excuses" I am exhausted with trying to make excuses and while I have only been here for a couple of days, I kind of love this site. It is very user friendly and I am actually feeling really excited instead of overwhelmed - that hasn't happened for a very long time. Thank you all for sharing your stories, struggles and achievements. I hope to post my own story of achievement soon. I think an integral part of that is going to be a support system, so I am looking for some new friends and maybe some tips from people who know. Any advice would be much apprecited. Here's to a stellar 2012!!

Replies

• jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site for motivation and tips and most of all support! Good luck in your journey - we're all here for you!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've only been here a couple of weeks myself, but this site is great!
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome................I really like the site too. I have been on for a couple weeks and have had good luck so far. If you want to add me as a friend give me a shout:)
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard. You just took the first step to being even more beautiful than you already are .You can add me iif u like
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I've been here for about 3 weeks now and I feel the same! It's a great site with awsome people.

If you're looking for friends to help motivate, feel free to add me! all the best on your journey ! We can all do this!
  • ashleyrbeal
    Options
    Hi! I just joined at the beginning of the week & I love this site! I am able to keep track of everything. It really has put things in perspective. I have been able to limit my calorie intake and keep track of my exercise and within 3 days I lost 1.5 inches on my waist! Hope you have even more good luck than I have had!!!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I joined a few weeks ago and love it! It really has helped me lose weight so far and the support is amazing!
  • bvixen22
    Options
    Hello I am new here and have needed to lose the baby weight for 7 years now. I made no resolutions because they never seem to work. Just started going to the gym at the Y. I go 6 days a week for 40 mins of cardio walking at incline of 7.0-8.0 at 3.8 mph. So I am here to stay motivated.
  • amurray009
    Options
    Hi everyone I just had a baby girl 4 months ago and now it's time to get back into shape. I am still eating like I'm pregnant so I need to break that and I hope this site will be a good tool. Good luck!
  • StacyX582
    Options
    So I am just putting out my feelers and introducing myself as I am new to this site, but not new to weight struggles. I am 29, 5'9" and 228 lbs. I have battled being overweight for most of my life and with 30 on the horizon (June!) I decided it's time really commit to making myself healthier. I love the quote "if you really want something, you will make it happen. If you don't, you will make excuses" I am exhausted with trying to make excuses and while I have only been here for a couple of days, I kind of love this site. It is very user friendly and I am actually feeling really excited instead of overwhelmed - that hasn't happened for a very long time. Thank you all for sharing your stories, struggles and achievements. I hope to post my own story of achievement soon. I think an integral part of that is going to be a support system, so I am looking for some new friends and maybe some tips from people who know. Any advice would be much apprecited. Here's to a stellar 2012!!

Whoa, twin! Adding you as a friend - I think we're the same person.
  • mkcressotti
    mkcressotti Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am new here to too and tired of making excuses to I have only been here less than 2 weeks a little nervous but determined to succeed need all the encouragement I can get to stick with it.