And I just kept driving......

Options
Man......all I wanted when I got off work was a McDonald Snack wrap and some fries...I had my plan and my money ready.....and I drove to those bright, golden arches...... and just kept driving.....they faded away in the distance and I went home and made a delicious, healthy, low-fat meal.....and I feel so proud of myself and my newly discovered self-control

Replies

• magikfairygirl
    Options
    Way to go!!!! That is so awesome, you should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • mamatoboys6219
    mamatoboys6219 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    YAY! And it becomes easier every time :)
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    what awesome commitment! I admire you for making a plan then letting yourself override it and keep driving. You are my #1 Inspiring Person for the day!!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That's awesome. I have to admit, I could never do that. I'd probably order two snack wraps! hahaha
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • loverachel18
    Options
    WTG! Keep it up!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway: awesome!!

Yesterday I drove by a few places that were 'calling my name'. I too had a plan......get in the right lane, made my way over......then remembered I had stuff to make homemade chic fajitas. BAMM......no more Taco Smell!!:laugh:

Had the rest for dinner tonight!:flowerforyou:

I like to call these my 'prouds'
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    great job!|
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! :wink: I had to do the same thing with some cup cakes at work today... I stayed strong, and didn't fold!!! :happy:
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    Well done!
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I almost did the same thing today except it was ice cream at Culver's. I knew it was over 400 calories! It was so funny how I argued with myself. : )
    I wanted ice cream sooo bad, but then I kept thinking of all the workouts that I did this week that would have been in vain.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Good for you! !
  • KippyBee
    KippyBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how good we feel when we do this and how much easier it is to do the same in the future.

Woohoo for you!!!!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Good job - !
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you too!