LEGS

Options
Best exercises for legs? I have 3 months and I want them to look a little presentable in that time!

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Best exercises for legs? I have 3 months and I want them to look a little presentable in that time!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    squats best over all leg workout
  • MrsNattles
    Options
    More squats and lunges than you can imagine...
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like lunges better (probably because I feel them more - and there's a ton of different kinds you can do).

Google lunges, lunge variation, etc. There are a lot of them out there.
  • gflynt
    gflynt Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Squats!

Great for the glutes too!
  • 4blondekids
    Options
    I've been doing a Jari Love RIPPED 1000 workout video with friends - tons of squats and great use of weights, but I feel it in my knees the next day. Does anyone out there know if this is just part of the process of stregthening my knees or am I doing it wrong . . . I sit into my heels and don't let my knees extend out too far. Help?
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Squats and lunges. Lunges are my favorite.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Squats & my knees (even with professional supervision) do NOT work out ... but I LOVE (if you have access to the gym) the leg press machine. It's amazing how much weight a little body can push up with that bad boy!

If I ever build a gym in my home, that'll be the second machine I get ...

But they're right - squats and lunges, lunges and squats!! And maybe some running up and down stairs to get the calves tight and lean ...
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try these as well!
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone!!!!

How many squats/lunges should I do every day?!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    Check out the knee exercises and stretches on this web page... www.bigkneepain.com

They are all meant to help strengthen the knee area so you can do other activities without pain. Some of them can even be done sitting down, great if you have a desk job.