An old one and a new one

Starchaser
Starchaser Posts: 69
edited September 19 in Success Stories
March 2008. I was ready for a pro fight in Muay Thai

Long story short I got kicked in the jaw with a shin and stayed down for too long.

University kicked in, with dissertations and coursework. Started working 7 days a week, 2 jobs. Ate whatever I could find in the freezer. Chips/pizzas and stuff. Stopped going to the gym.

November 2008, I'd gone from 65Kg fighter to 69kg. Not a big weight change, but I don't care how much I way it's body composition I care about, 4kg of extra fat is unsightly!

Not to mention trying to teach when student had seen the decline both in composition and in overall fitness. I'd tell them to do 50 pressups when I could barely to 20. Students weren't getting their money's worth since the instructor (me!) wasn't fit enough. Of course, dissent sets in and some leave.

So since January 2009, I've eaten right every day bar one or two "cheat" weekends, trained HARD 6 sessions a week.

Now, I'm 65.5Kg and fitter and stronger than I was on fight day.

Let's have a parade.
Or not.

Point of the story? Anyone can do it, even with a stupidly hectic lifestyle! And now the students are getting the benefit since when I tell them to do 100 pressups, we ALL do it. Being fitter means I can run the class better and the benefit is not only for me now, other people are getting the benefit from my lifestyle change.

Replies

• March 2008. I was ready for a pro fight in Muay Thai

Long story short I got kicked in the jaw with a shin and stayed down for too long.

University kicked in, with dissertations and coursework. Started working 7 days a week, 2 jobs. Ate whatever I could find in the freezer. Chips/pizzas and stuff. Stopped going to the gym.

November 2008, I'd gone from 65Kg fighter to 69kg. Not a big weight change, but I don't care how much I way it's body composition I care about, 4kg of extra fat is unsightly!

Not to mention trying to teach when student had seen the decline both in composition and in overall fitness. I'd tell them to do 50 pressups when I could barely to 20. Students weren't getting their money's worth since the instructor (me!) wasn't fit enough. Of course, dissent sets in and some leave.

So since January 2009, I've eaten right every day bar one or two "cheat" weekends, trained HARD 6 sessions a week.

Now, I'm 65.5Kg and fitter and stronger than I was on fight day.

Let's have a parade.
    Or not.

Point of the story? Anyone can do it, even with a stupidly hectic lifestyle! And now the students are getting the benefit since when I tell them to do 100 pressups, we ALL do it. Being fitter means I can run the class better and the benefit is not only for me now, other people are getting the benefit from my lifestyle change.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!