im sorry... but im hater...

Options
of treadmills , ellipticals and stationary bikes.

But I love strength training.
I cant sit on a bike for 45 minutes, or run for 45 minutes (very bad endurance).
I try to do as much HIIT circuit training as i can, but if i do it in the same time period i don't work up the sweat that i usually do with running/ellipticalling.

I guess I have a short attention span.
I dont own a heart rate moniter (as i am poor and jobless).

I was told you get the same if not more of a burn while circuit training. I did Insanity cardio the other day, and it didint make me sweat as much as a 40 minute run on that dammed treddie.
So should i just toughen up and stick with the 40 minute runs (usually, its 3 mins @6mph then 1 min @8mph for 40 minutes).
or should I try some form of different circuit training? Im only a newbie, and i dont know what I'm doing precisely as of yet. But i wanna do it right.

Usually mr workout routine for the day (6 days a week) consists of
- 7am- 30DS + 10 minute trainer ab workout

5pm- that dammed treddie, OR circuit training (sparticus workout, bodyweight workouts ect) usually videos found on youtube
545- 15 mins HIIT strength training.

any help would be great, i just dont uderstand this stuff...:S

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Well, you may sweat on the treadmill, but once you jump off, you are done burning the calories. Building muscle or doing something like HIIT has calorie burning potential that isn't measured by sweat and continues to help blast after the workout is over.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I want a good change-up, I make up my own circuit. Walk/jog/run on the treadmill for so many mins, pause it, then jump off, do some jumping jacks, pushups, planks, jump rope...whatever you wish--then back on the treadmill etc etc..
    Or, do a program on the treadmill it it has one incorporated. I love the hill, it goes to an incline every 2 minutes up to 10%, you can adjust your speed accordingly, walk or jog up the hill.
    DVDs are great for circuit training...weights and cardio combined. I have one that involves pulse reps with the strength training...awesome workout, and the sweat pours off.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    sorry but what is Insanity cardio?
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I did the cardio portion of the "insanity" dvd.
  • chusheto1
    Options
    My own belief is that you should do exactly the things you find hard to do. If you sweat on the treadmill do the treadmill.

I used to get bored out of my mind on the treadmills until i discovered books on tape. There are also some nice workout music podcasts that can help you stay entertained and motivated.
  • Seaki
    Seaki Posts: 9
    Options
    The only reason I don't like treadmills is because they hurt my knees! But honestly, I prefer outdoor training. I'd rather go hiking than go on a stairmaster. :)