new to this, scared, need guidance... but SOOOO ready to be

Options
Hi! My name is April... I'm 24 and very unhappy with my size... I'm VERY ready and very excited, but at the same time afraid that I will lose motivation... My inspiration is my father who became disabled at the age of 35, mostly due to his weight... That is ten and a half years away for me and in retrospect isn't that long. My goal is by June 10th to have lost 50 lbs. I think that is perfectly pheesible(sp)!!!! I have the want to be able to play with the children I wil one day have and be able to have a very happy and active marriage and lifestyle.. not that much to ask for.. I definitely will need the help and support of MFP pals... any suggestions???? Add me also... I need any positive influence!!!!

Replies

• adreal
    adreal Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel ya. but i can tell you that this site and the people who are here give you nothing but support and help with any questions you have. You can do this!! You have set a wonderful goal and work towards it. I get frustrated every day but i keep going forward. Everyday is new! Good Luck! if you need a friend add me and i will help wherever i can.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I think that you can certainly find what you are looking for here. There are lots of good hearted people who are willing to help answer questions and provide support. The tools and system here really do work if you do them.

While not nearly as young as you, I'd also gotten to a point where I had to just take control and make a change for the better. We are not quite a month in and I've seen the results.

If you want to add me as a friend, I'm happy to help
  • lirpa1987
    Options
    Thank you both... My best friend is also on here shes great at motivating people lol... have either of you tried recovery drinks... I'm told they work and being that I am very lightly active now I'm probably going to feel like death after my first work out... on top of working out Im also thinking about walking at least 30 minutes a day minimum... input????
  • gregavila
    Options
    The daily walk would be a great way to get your body moving. Additionally it falls within a lower heart rate so you actually burn a higher percentage of fat. I don't know about the recovery drinks, but I'm a firm believer in getting protein into your body as it gives you energy and helps stave off food cravings.
  • lirpa1987
    Options
    How do you burn more fat with a lower heart rate???? #confused
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to MFP also, although I joined mostly with the intent to learn a healthier lifestyle, rather than sit around watching Cake Boss eating an entire carton of ice cream, a box of cookies, and a bag of chips. :wink: Feel free to add me if you want! I don't know if this is an option for you or not, but I have a dog who keeps me moving around. I have to walk her a least twice a day, so I'm walking at the very least 20 minutes a day with her. And no matter how much I'd rather sit around, I have to take her out! She's my perfect motivator! My name's Ashley, by the way. :wink:
  • gregavila
    Options
    How do you burn more fat with a lower heart rate???? #confused

Here's a pretty good article about using your heart rate and heart rate monitors for losing weight.

http://exercise.about.com/od/weightloss/a/The-Truth-About-The-Fat-Burning-Zone.htm
  • tazz8246
    Options
    Hi April, I am too new to this, having failed at various other plans. Good luck with your weight loss journey - I see that we have a similar amount to lose. I'm sure with the support and determination we can both do this.
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    welcome here and I hope you have a great day