Anyone care to join me on a journey to 100 push ups?

Options
I know I would. Push ups are one of the best overall body exercises you can do. I can't even do one. Well, maybe one. But probably not more than 2 or 3 at a time without dying. I have NO upper body strength.

I found this little gem today:
http://hundredpushups.com/index.html

I've done C25K a few times, now I'm training for a 7 mile run in April, and I've found that workouts like this work pretty well. Plus the program is only 6 weeks, and not very time consuming. I can easily fit this in with my runs on Sundays Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Would anyone like to join me on this journey to being able to manage 100 push ups in a row? I'm going to attempt to start this week (Sunday the 22nd) but might start next week (Sunday the 29th). Let me know :)

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Yeah definitely. I've been intending to start but haven't gotten around to it. I can hardly do a push up too, but I'd love to be able to work my way to 100!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'll join in
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I might like to try that.
  • MammaEFit4Life
    Options
    I'll join.
  • crca7118
    Options
    I am very interested!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I can do 12 right now, but I'd love to do 100 at a time!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I would! I was doing it by myself but then somehow lost the whole keeping track deal. With a group I think it would be great :-)
  • fitnoflab
    fitnoflab Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ElisetheQ
    ElisetheQ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'd love to do this!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Def. create a group for it...the layout for those are great! I'm in plank a day and each day we strt a new thread for our times.
  • nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'll do it. Let me know if you create a group and I'll join :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working towards this goal! When I started, I couldn't do ONE regular pushup. So I started off doing "girl" pushups.
    Well, today, I did 100 regular pushups! I did them in three sets (33, 34, 33) with a minute rest in between, but I am still working toward doing them consecutively.
    It's very empowering to be able to just drop down and crank out a bunch of pushups! Plus, it has added a good deal of power to my punches. Plus, it helps my arms to not get so tired when I am carrying a squirming toddler on my hip. ;-)
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Ill join. Let me know when you are starting.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Well my initial reaction was there is no way in hell I can do that, but maybe I can at least try huh?
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try and accomplish this with you!
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'll join. Started this same routine before, but didn't carry it all the way out. I think I got to 15..
  • l2rcc
    l2rcc Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in! enough of the bingo wings!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    sure thing :)
    currently have very little upper body strength, so this will *hopefully* be very beneficial -thanks!
  • rautaty
    rautaty Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's possible for a woman to do 100 pushups. sorry