• buttji82
    buttji82 Posts: 2
    Options
    :mad: i want to gain muscle reply me wht should i do
    BIG MUSCLE
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    Research. I find the easiest is muscle magazines. You can go to the library and borrow men's magazines (or buy them) and you will learn a lot! You can also check out the website bodybuilding.com for info. You really need to research exactly what you want to do with your body. Different exercises for different parts, how many reps/sets, what muscle groups to work together on what days, etc., etc., etc. Is it possible to hire a trainer just to get started? Don't forget to add in cardio too! Maybe some of the men on this site can be more specific. Good luck!:happy:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Why the angry face?

bodyforlife.com
  • Starchaser
    Options
    To quote Sly Stallone: "All it is is loads of protein and lifting heavy things three times a week"

So, here's a quick guide that I give my students.

Eat more protein, and more calories. You need to be consuming more than you're burning for size. That can mean up to 3,000 per day. Olymipc athlete can eat up to 6,000 calories per day. This is where "clean" nutrition in the form of protein and weight gain shakes are worth their weight in gold.

Second, training.
    3 times a week, 45mins to an hour. No more.
    Warmups should be 5 mins ish on a treadmill then some bodyweight press ups/squats etc.

Weeks 1-4 are stability, so don't add on loads of wieght yet.
    Start with bodywieght or lightwieght lunges, squats, twists, all that stuff.
    You're laying a foundation here for the *ss kicking to come.

Weeks 5-9
    Lift heavy. Take the heaviest weight you can lift 6-8 times WITHOUT BREAKING FORM.
    That means lifting it to failure, where to lift it again you'd need to "cheat" by swinging it or similar.
    THis is where the magazines or a personal trainer are crucial. They will advise you how to lift heavy and stay safe.

Weeks 10-14
    Back to medium weight, 8-12 reps and up the cardio.
    Now you're wanting to strip fat to show off the new muscle.
    Drop the calories to around 2,500 to keep the muscle but still creating a small deficit to allow fat burn.

DO NOT undertake heavy lifting without researching it first. Speak to your doctor and a gym trainer. Read, lots. Then read it again.

Only when you have sufficient knowledge to do it safely should you be lifting heavy.

Research, research, research.
    Protein, protein, protein.
    Lift, lift, lift.
    Then pose, pose, pose!