Calves question

Options
Don't get me wrong I love my body just working on getting to where there's less of it to love (if that makes sense). I may be one of the few girls who say it but I actually like my thighs! However, I have muscular calves and I've always felt they weren't in proportion with my thighs.

When I lose weight it seems to go from everywhere else upper arms forearms, waist etc. but they don't seem to budge! So I guess what i'm asking is are there any exercises I can do to make them more long and lean or is it just my genetics? And does anyone else think this about themselves and/or lost weight and found them to be smaller?

I'll love em either way I suppose, I'm really just wondering...

Replies

• bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I wish we could trade calves. Calves are the muscles that are hard to grow or shrink
  • NatashaK29
    Options
    Well princess, part of it is genetic but if you want them to be long and lean, you need to stretch a lot. Its funny cuz I have always had muscular calves and actually love them. If you really feel they are out of proportion with the rest of your leg, try some quad building exercises to balance them out a lil. Definitely stretch either way though.
  • judgejava
    Options
    calves (muscular are in my top 5 phyical attributes in women.

Love em

I love a nice split in the head of the gastroniemus and a seperation in the soleus down the side which you can see when they walk or tense.

And a nice blood groove down the thigh at the side when they sit and cross the legs.

I am all hot ans flustered now ;-)
  • maluprincess
    Options
    Thanks for the replies all!! Learn to love them and do my best with stretching them out.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't think we do. I have a similar issue. My legs in general are very shapely -- toned and muscular with very defined calves that taper to skinny ankles. Even when I was at my heaviest (70+ lbs ago), they were this way.

Learn to love them?
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    calves (muscular are in my top 5 phyical attributes in women.

Love em

I love a nice split in the head of the gastroniemus and a seperation in the soleus down the side which you can see when they walk or tense.

And a nice blood groove down the thigh at the side when they sit and cross the legs.

I am all hot ans flustered now ;-)

After that post, I have decided that I no longer mind feeling like my calves are big. :)