One size doesn't fit all

Options
1Timothy4v8
1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
Hi thought it would be fun to see the different sizes and how one size does not fit all, for me I was at a normal weight at 185, perfectly fit without extra fat, also my paint size was about a 12, now I am 260 (lost 15 pounds) and I am 18 paint size (lose fitting) I am 5'7,

so if your brave enough share your height weight and paint size so we can see how no one fits in the same size box =) also I am interested in seeing if there are any other girls like me that just seem to weigh a LOT because of muscle mass

Replies

• DominoFrost
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and weigh 185 pounds. I wear a size 16, and once, when I was 192, I managed to put on a pair of 14s and they fit me just as well as my 16s. But I have a big *kitten* and big thighs, so I'll probably always be in the double digits of jeans.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi thought it would be fun to see the different sizes and how one size does not fit all, for me I was at a normal weight at 185, perfectly fit without extra fat, also my paint size was about a 12, now I am 260 (lost 15 pounds) and I am 18 paint size (lose fitting) I am 5'7,

so if your brave enough share your height weight and paint size so we can see how no one fits in the same size box =) also I am interested in seeing if there are any other girls like me that just seem to weigh a LOT because of muscle mass

I'm 5'4, currently at about 185 and in a size 12 as well. =] So I'm guessing we're alike?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im 5'6, 243(ish - havent weighed for a while) and i wear some 18s, and some 20s, depending on the cut
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm 5'4'', 248 lbs., and wear size 22 or 20 jeans, depending on the brand.

Ten years ago when I weighed 209, I wore a size 16. Trying to get back to that first and foremost... lol
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Interesting little factoid. I weigh exactly 15 lb more right now than I did this time last year. But wear the exact same clothing. The biggest thing I changed is I started weight lifting heavy and doing the stair climber. So for me, the scale is no longer my gauge. It's all about the pants.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weigh 150lbs. My pant size varies from store to store between a size 10 - 14 UK size (which would be 6 - 10 USA size). There really is no consistency with sizes, I have tops ranging from a 10 - 18 ( 6 - 14)!! All of them fit :/ I'd say on average I'm a 12uk bottom / 14uk top.
    I'm used to it, I don't even care what the size says anymore... the one thing that really bugs me though is when I go to a store, pick up a top in XL and it's too small!!! that's just not right! I don't care if it says XXXXXXXL as long as it fits, but when XL is the largest one and is the equivalent of a 12uk / 8usa... who the hell are they catering for???
  • Seaki
    Seaki Posts: 9
    Options
    When I was 205, I was in a size 16. (I'm 5'2"). I'm in a size 15 now at 180, but I can fit into a 14 or 13, depending on the stretch and the make of the jeans.
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm with you, psiren28! I ordered a shirt online from my favorite band's merch store (lame, I know) and I got a 2x because it was the largest size they had and I figured it ought to fit... normally I wear 1x tops. I can't get it on at all, but I think it might fit my ten year old son nicely. :P
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, psiren28! I ordered a shirt online from my favorite band's merch store (lame, I know) and I got a 2x because it was the largest size they had and I figured it ought to fit... normally I wear 1x tops. I can't get it on at all, but I think it might fit my ten year old son nicely. :P

I just wanted a Batman T-Shirt :cry: A cute girlie shaped one and not one of the guys ones where the arms come down to my elbows
  • SerenityRabit
    Options
    5'3, 145, and average in about a pant size of 12.
    Child bearing hips...Damn these thighs.:3
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im 5"5 pear shaped and 151lbs. I fit in size 12 uk bottoms and 8-10 tops
  • juggalotus
    Options
    Apple shaped unfortunately. I usually don't buy my jeans anywhere but old navy and I am a size 16 maybe 18 depending on the cut. I am 5ft 5" and I weigh 234 lbs
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 158 lbs, and I wear size 6/7.
    I've actually gained 20 lbs over the past two years that I have been exercising and eating a lot healthier, but I went down a pants size... yay muscle :)
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 211.4lbs and im wearing a size 16 jeans. Ive lost 19lbs and still haven't dropped a pant size in the yet, But I can wear a size large pants in scrubs now, x-large is so baggy on me it looks bad.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" weigh 123 lbs and am a UK size 8, 25 in jeans.

At my heaviest I was about 160 lbs and was in a UK 12/14, size 30 jeans.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options

I'm 5'4, currently at about 185 and in a size 12 as well. =] So I'm guessing we're alike?

PERFECT EXAMPLE OF ONE SIZE DOESNT FIT ALL!!
    I am 5"4 and 185lbs and I where size 16..... hmmmm
  • daisydog101
    daisydog101 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5 and 69kg and wear a 10/12 (US 6/8) usually. Some waisted skirts I'm an 8 and some tops I'm a 14 to get them to do up around my bust!! Definate hourglass here...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    5'4" weighing in at 150 and im an 8-10 depending on the maker
    i ordered a body shaper the other day and based on the measurement chart, it said i needed a medium. i received my size medium and it would fit my 6 year old. sent it back and im waiting for the XL now :ohwell:
  • tammy510
    Options
    5'7 weighing 172 pounds and wear a size 10 sometimes a 12 if they are skinny jeans. I was 253 pounds a year ago and wearing a size 20-22.
  • mikituba
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weigh 193lbs and just started fitting comfortably in a size 10US pants and a size medium shirt.