anyone else notice this?

Options
I have noticed a drastic change in my mood swings!!! I mean, totally swinging from one extreme to the next- I can't even stand myself and I'm wondering if it's due to the sudden changes I've made this week! (exercise, no soda, eating less, yada yada yada!! Just curious...

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a drastic change in my mood swings!!! I mean, totally swinging from one extreme to the next- I can't even stand myself and I'm wondering if it's due to the sudden changes I've made this week! (exercise, no soda, eating less, yada yada yada!! Just curious...
  • Starchaser
    Options
    I noticed it.

The simple fact is food regulates your mood.
    Sugar and caffeine are stimulants so you'll be hyper if you eat them.

It's deeper than that though.
    If you eat a huge meal, the body diverts its focus to digesting it. So it won't want you to use that energy for doing something else. So you'll feel tired.

Food has a HUGE impact on our moods, it's a physiological fact.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yeah I have noticed too. And throw a dose of PMS in there and you have a raving lunatic. I started crying because I was with my mom and dad Sunday and she didn't buy me a soda. I was thinking "You ARE AN IDIOT. GO IN THE STORE AND BUY YOU ONE!" But still I cried.
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I've noticed it, but you'll regulate out over time
  • knlamb10
    knlamb10 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have had that too and thought it was the no sugar and no caffeine but then found I was still having them... I changed my food chart to say Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, Dinner- smaller meals more often regualtes my low blood sugar issues.
  • RebeccaBurns
    Options
    I cut soda out when I was fasting for prayer in my church. It was by far the hardest thing I had ever done. I was so moody my kids begged me to start "drinking " again :laugh: ! I kept to my goal. It did get easier and I am so proud of myself for not giving in. Also I started a Zumba class at the YMCA. I am having so much fun, that it don't feel like such a chore anymore. Good luck, stick it out and take it one day at a time! :bigsmile: Becky
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Okay, so maybe I'm not going crazy! Thanks for all the replys...it makes me feel better just knowing that you have been through this, too! I get so cranky and then all of a sudden everything is peachy. I keep everyone on their toes in my house, ahaha! Finally last night my DH asked what was wrong with me. I wanted to show teeth and bring out claws, but then like 20 min later, I was hugging him and telling him I loved him...go figure. It's got to pass!!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

are you kidding, who hasen't seen this in them selves. I wasn't *****y, just moody, sleepy, cranky!!!!

But guess what...

I have been off diet soda for 3 weeks, eating whole and natural foods again and I have only been at it firmly for 3 days and I have actually slept and smiled more!!!!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I find that with "cleaner" healthier foods, my moods have leveled out & my energy level is sky high. Regulating my carbs & calories has really made a positive difference for me.
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I noticed it too! I feel happier and more energetic!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that when I PMS now i am a raving lunatic:laugh: like 30 times moodier than i used to be ... but i also noticed that my periods are lighter and less crampy.....
    thats the only time i have noticed a mood change...... compared to before i started eating healthy

edited because i spell like a 2 year old