Toning myth

Options
13»

Replies

• rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    ven though there is a lot of info on the net and in books people still stick with there opinion
  • rovernio
    Options
    nice to see some people do know there stuff
  • rovernio
    Options
    hahaha a lot of trainers dont know mutch about weightlifting they say alot of things that dont make sence like creatine is like steroids etc
  • rovernio
    Options
    and about starting with low weight to increase motivation i think many people love to feel sore after a workout i started really heavy when i was like 14 years old and when i was 15/16 i was already looking like rambo :P
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    hahaha a lot of trainers dont know mutch about weightlifting they say alot of things that dont make sence like creatine is like steroids etc
    A lot of the newly "graduated" trainers of today rely too much on functional training which the actual roots come from REHAB training. Somehow some of this rehab training transitioned to the gym and now a lot of trainer use Bosu, stability ball, balance boards etc. as their sole means of training clients. While I'll occasionally use unstable surfaces, unless you're running on surfaces like a pool cover over a pool, jumping on "big balls" like the ones on WIPEOUT, or walking across a 4 inch wide beam, there is really no point to using "rehab" methods for training if you aren't going to apply them. Some will claim about the "core" workout from them, but you can get a much stronger core doing squats, deadlifts, bent over rows, and just plain old direct ab work.
    Don't buy the hype.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh there topic is filled with bro-science!

1. Stop saying toned, toning, tone. 99% you aren't using it right.
    2. Stop being so weak and move some weight
    3. Light weight high rep might as well be cardio if you know your form start training closer to your maximal effort.