Music that gets you moving

Options
So, what do we listen to at the gym to get us in the mood and push us to do better each time?

I'll start :smile:

For treadmill warmup it's usually something like the Training Montage from Rocky IV or Hearts Burst Into Fire (Bullet for my Valentine) or some techno/trance. Something I can focus on and get into my own zone and block the rest of the world out.

Then it's Dragonforce all the way! (That's where I stole my screen name from ha ha!

So folks, what's your tune?

Replies

• Starchaser
    Options
    So, what do we listen to at the gym to get us in the mood and push us to do better each time?

I'll start :smile:

For treadmill warmup it's usually something like the Training Montage from Rocky IV or Hearts Burst Into Fire (Bullet for my Valentine) or some techno/trance. Something I can focus on and get into my own zone and block the rest of the world out.

Then it's Dragonforce all the way! (That's where I stole my screen name from ha ha!

So folks, what's your tune?
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    "Live your life" always gets me running a little faster. :wink:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    T.I. Bring Em out really gets me moving lol
  • Appletini
    Appletini Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There are soo many songs that are great for workouts!

This is a bit weird, but the group Aqua (crazy swedishish/nordic? group that sang Barbie Girl) really gets me going. I found their cd from back when I was 10. There stuff is just fun and ridiculous and upbeat!
  • lorrigarcia
    Options
    REGGEATON!!!! I listen to it when I'm driving, working out ,cleaning my house, cooking food.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Oh music...my weakness.

Seems odd, but sometimes classical music is fun to work out to, but mainly for me because I just practice arias and such while on the elliptical. And I know it can be an aquired taste! :noway: :laugh:

ANYWAY...I generally like to listen to rock/alternative music. Lately I've been listening to a rock radio station. Just sucks when they play commercials!
    ~My favorite album for a great 45 minute cardio work out is The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - their FIRST cd. They nicely put in one ballad about half way through (so it's a nice resting spot before a second bout of higher intensity) and then two at the very end of the disk! :bigsmile: And the guys are from my hometown. WOOT! :laugh:

~Also, I like Relient K's MMMHMM CD.

If I'm not listening to those, I'll put on what I like to call my 'BOOTY MIX' :blushing: - mainly popular hip/hop and club songs. The great dance beats always get me movin. :glasses:
  • LinzyB24
    LinzyB24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Untouched by The Veronicas has become my new favorite, along with 2 Weeks by All That Remains and Mannequin by Britney Spears. Great motivation songs!!
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Arias, loving it!
    I was a classical pianist before Uni got in the way, muchos respect for being able to do that.

Anyone else hate the gym's in house radio?
    We get total cheesey pop all the time. Last week we had that song from flashdance followed by Girls Just Wanna Have fun. Suddenly I didn't feel so macho anymore when I was lifting ha ha!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i totally listen to anything upbeat- usually some rihanna, ti, and new britney spears stuff...

when i'm feeling froggy, i click to meatloaf "paradise by the dashboard light" and pump up the power till it's done- that song is like 8 mins!! :laugh:

oh! and my other favorite: "now that we've found love"- such a good beat!
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Meatloaf, good call!
    One of the best gigs I ever went to was his farewell tour in Glagow SECC

I digress. I keep Meatloaf for bombing about in my car like a bat out of hell lol
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Arias, loving it!
    I was a classical pianist before Uni got in the way, muchos respect for being able to do that.

Anyone else hate the gym's in house radio?
    We get total cheesey pop all the time. Last week we had that song from flashdance followed by Girls Just Wanna Have fun. Suddenly I didn't feel so macho anymore when I was lifting ha ha!

I need to ask.

The pics in your profile, are they both you?

Oh, and Pink's So What gets me going when I'm running. :flowerforyou:
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Yeah they're both me, the one in the suit is most recent from my 21st birthday, June last year. The other is from around three years ago.
    I had crazy blue manga hair then!
  • Mireille
    Options
    Yeah they're both me, the one in the suit is most recent from my 21st birthday, June last year. The other is from around three years ago.
    I had crazy blue manga hair then!

Cool! speedmetal.gif

I guess that image wouldn't work in front of a judge (as a lawyer). :wink:
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Ha ha totally wouldn't! The worst is, I had it long, down to the small of my back until March last year!
    I can't see the Metallica look going down well in the Court lol
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I almost died laughing when i read this, I just found my old aqua cd from them a couple of weeks ago!:blushing:
  • Mireille
    Options
    Ha ha totally wouldn't! The worst is, I had it long, down to the small of my back until March last year!
    I can't see the Metallica look going down well in the Court lol

lol
    It must have been tough to cut it all off.
    It's really nice to see a young man make necessary changes to get himself ready for his career. sHa_okay.gif

:flowerforyou:
  • Starchaser
    Options
    Thank you, it's nice to be noticed :smile: