Uping & eating exercise calories starting today

Options
I'm uping my calories AND eating my burned exercise calories back starting today. I set my goal at 4 workouts a week, but I actually work out total of 8 times. I run/walk in the morning for 30 mins and then do powerwalking for 30 in the evenings 4 times a week. I've searched old post and see that most people recommend uping your calories. So, I'm going to give it a try..wish me luck!
(of couse, eating clean calories)

MFP had me set on 1200 but now I'm going for 1360 according to their pre-set recommendations.

Replies

• 2hungariangirls
    Options
    No one? Okay. Go ME! I can do this! :happy:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Good idea to follow recommendations this site spews out :) I think it will work out well for you. 1200 isn't for everyone!
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you go girl! keep us posted with the progress. :]
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm uping my calories AND eating my burned exercise calories back starting today. I set my goal at 4 workouts a week, but I actually work out total of 8 times. I run/walk in the morning for 30 mins and then do powerwalking for 30 in the evenings 4 times a week. I've searched old post and see that most people recommend uping your calories. So, I'm going to give it a try..wish me luck!
    (of couse, eating clean calories)

MFP had me set on 1200 but now I'm going for 1360 according to their pre-set recommendations.
    It goes against our natural instinct which is to starve ourselves, but this is the way to go.

You can do this!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Upping my cals and eating back exercise is when I REALLY started seeing a good loss... Best of luck! :)
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    You go girl!! You are brave! I never eat back by exercise calories and hardly ever finish my 1350 calories and I know that is bad but I just can't find myself to do it! I feel like if I start now after losing 17 pounds, I will plateau.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No one? Okay. Go ME! I can do this! :happy:

:laugh:

Go YOU! You can do this!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You can do it!
  • princessbrulee13
    Options
    Good luck! I too have to eat my exercise calories. If I don't, it makes it VERY hard to stay on track (I do Zumba and if I don't eat those calories, I'm simply STARVING the next day), and I tend to lose more consistently at a higher calorie intake. I may only have 4 pounds lost on my tracker, but two years ago I lost 65 so I definitely know what works for my body! You can do this!
  • mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with uping them. You might have more energy too. I think 1200 is way to low. I have friends on here that have raised theirs to 1600, eat their exercise cals and still lose weight!!!!