Whats your biggest pet peeve?

Options
2»

Replies

• BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    #2--you ask someone a question -- they answer: Correct!

Unless that person is my teacher (that was a long time ago) pick another word--it just has a condescending tone to me.

I use "correct " only when the word right might confuse whom ever I am speaking to. For example giving directions to my husband and he asked if we need to turn left.

rudeness and self-centered people that feel the need to talk down to me and/or tell me that they are better then me. If you truely are better then me you wont feel the need to say it.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    When someone says they have no time to exercise and they want to loose weight .. NO EXCUSES YOU MAKE THE TIME WALKING, SIT UPS , RUNNING IN PLACE , PUSH UPS , ISOMETRICS you don't need to be at a gym
  • jebsummer1986
    Options
    I agree, I can't stand it when people don't have manners no matter who you are! I feel like people that have money feel they don't need to.
    I can't stand it when people talk to me like I'm stupid! I know people that get all there information off Google, and think they always have the answers!
    Damn you Google!
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When people text WHILE you are talking to them.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    People who chew with their mouths open.

I've said it before, and have honestly contemplated never sitting down and eating with anyone else, ever again.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Habitual liars and promises that are broken
  • BuddhaBelly79
    Options
    My BIGGEST pet-peeve is RUNNING OUT OF STAPLES! My GAH! I hate to be busy, and grab my stapler, and ta-da.....NOTHING. Irritates me to no end.
  • snobuny032
    Options
    I hate when people drive on the freeway with their foot on the BRAKES! Grrrr
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    People who blame their own failure on everyone and everything but themselves.
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Oh, pet peeves! I have a few. Spelling errors (especially in print or on tv), people talking in a movie theatre, people repeating themselves over and over and over and over again, the phrase "it is what it is", use of words like "irregardless". I'm only on my first coffee of the day. I'm sure I'll find some more later. Oh yeah -- people who cannot drive!
    all of these especially the irregardless, others include the use of "what not" for some reason it drives me nuts!!! or "not for nothing"
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    people making excuses all the time

people complaining all the time, then ask you and others for advice, we give it, then doesnt do anything about it and complains about it again

people that tell you that they will work out with you and dont show up
  • kannita
    Options
    I am a hair stylist and one of my Biggest pet peeves is someone on their cell phone when I am cutting their hair!!!
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is incompetence. If you want to do something, figure out how to do it well, or find something else to do. It especially bothers me with people who work in service-oriented jobs. If you want to be a waitress, put in enough effort to be a good one; if you don't want to be a waitress, just do us all a favor and quit.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is incompetence. If you want to do something, figure out how to do it well, or find something else to do. It especially bothers me with people who work in service-oriented jobs. If you want to be a waitress, put in enough effort to be a good one; if you don't want to be a waitress, just do us all a favor and quit.

I'm not saying that everyone who waits tables is good at it, but....

If you haven't done it, you have no idea what it's like. I think everyone should be required by law to spend at least 6 months working as a waiter.

Oh, and remember this: Always be nice to the person who is in control of your food.