Any Suggestions for this newbie?

Options
Hi Everyone!

I just joined MFP today and super excited to lose this weight for good. This site is a god sent for me because I LACK THE MOTIVATION.. and this site makes it easy to make the right meal choices.

Anybody who is currently losing have any tips???

Thank you!
Lorri

171950.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• lorrigarcia
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I just joined MFP today and super excited to lose this weight for good. This site is a god sent for me because I LACK THE MOTIVATION.. and this site makes it easy to make the right meal choices.

Anybody who is currently losing have any tips???

Thank you!
    Lorri

171950.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    1. Drink a lot of water - minimum 8 glasses per day. You can drink flavored water, whatever, but drink water!
    2. In your exercise goals, make it a habit vs. trying to do it all off the bat.
    3. Muscle weighs more than fat, if you're working out and staying within your caloric intake range and you gain, it's muscle. The fat will come off and you'll lose again.
    4. You hit a plateau roughly every 30 days. Be prepared for it and shake things up - do a different set of exercises, go at a different time of day, workout harder in intensity, eat more or eat less.
    5. Build muscle and you'll burn fat even when you're not working out.
    6. Make reasonable goals - cardio 3x/week for 30 mins, to start. Then once you get used to that, do more. Do different, whatever. Keep it interesting for your mind and body.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    welcome lorri!:flowerforyou:

i would suggest finding exercise that you like! after years of failing at regular exercise, i found bellydance. if you can find something you really enjoy doing, you're more likely to do it!

em
  • CassieNic
    CassieNic Posts: 223
    Options
    water water water! and keep it mind that you didnt pu tit on overnight...it wont come of that way neither.

good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    Have a game plan. No goal is reached without preparation. How are you going to deal with cravings? When you are super busy how can you still eat healthy? When someone ticks you off and you want to go eat the chocolate cake how are you going to counter act it?

I think the best thing I ever did was cook on Sundays and freeze meals. That way during the week when I was super busy I didn't have to think...I knew what I was eating was healthy.

The other is line up your supporters...get people on board with you. I told my family that this was very difficult for me and I needed them in the beginning to NOT OFFER me food or if I said NO to leave it at that and not continue to offer.

Immerse yourself in healthy living literature...helps keep the game plan in your head and makes you think twice. I think for a lot of people besides just me its all mental...you've got to rewire your brain to think differently if you really want to kick it. If the brain believes it, the body will follow.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: