Water weight?

Options
Hello All-

So I am frustrated. I flucuate a 5-6 pound weight gain from morning until night each day. I drink a lot of water but it drives me crazy. I think I am becoming too obsessed with the scale.

Does anyone have this similiar problem?

Replies

• BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello All-

So I am frustrated. I flucuate a 5-6 pound weight gain from morning until night each day. I drink a lot of water but it drives me crazy. I think I am becoming too obsessed with the scale.

• HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    ohh dear god i have the same problem.
    i drink water constantly and i always fluctuate. there's really nothing you can do about water weight except to wait it out. and if there is something, let me know lol.

but as far as i know all you can do it wait it out.
    nd keep peeing :)

but i used to weigh myself EVERYDAY and i became obsessed. now i'm down to once ever few days, just bc i like to know where i'm at. it's really your preference.

good luck !
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    that's normal but.... why on earth are you weighing yourself everyday? even worse, several times a day!?
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    If I am going to weigh myself once a day, then I just do it in the morning. We have to drink the water. It is so good for us! I am now weighing myself about every 3-4 days and that is much more helpful. In the am, when I wake up, AFTER getting the water out of my system! At least that way, I stay much more sane. That little scale can make me CRAZY!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. It helps. Weighing yourself everyday or several times a day will only discourage you.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello All-

I fluctuate but Im not obsessed lol..as long as you dont go beyond the higher number your ok just watch your sodium and keep plugging along. I weigh daily sometimes twice it keeps me in tune with my body and aware as to what to expect when I eat certain foods..
  • gggivens
    gggivens Posts: 46
    Options
    Remember, every ounce of water equals one ounce of weight. So yes, if you drink a bunch during the day, your weight will naturally go up.
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but I do it right when I wake up in the morning before I've eaten or drank anything...and after I've used the restroom.

It may seem crazy, but I know I am getting numbers that accurately reflect my weight loss. I figure we have the least amount of water/food weight in our bodies when we first wake-up since our bodies had all night to process.

Good luck, and don't drive yourself crazy over numbers; fluctuation throughout the day is normal!
  • wubbbygirl
    Options
    That's why you shouldn't weigh everyday. When you weigh at the same time of day and several days apart you are more likely to see the reality. And you probably won't get as frustrated. I know it's hard waiting inbetween weigh ins, but it will be worth it!!
  • kidsrus2000
    Options
    I have that same problem and it's worse around that time of the month. I need to quit weighing myself every day too because I do get fustrated when I see my weight go up and down a lot even though I have been exercising (started this week) and drink a lot of water.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Honey, Honey...whyyyyy are you weighing yourself all day? Step awaaaaay from the scale. Step awaaaaaay from the scale.

:laugh:

Yes, we ALL flucuate like that throughout the day!
  • mishmojo
    mishmojo Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem... i can get on the scale in the morning.... and if i get back on before bed, there it is.... 6 more pounds!! it's very frustrating!! I know just how you feel....

so, i like you, have decided i am too obsessed with the scale and have put it away.... I am trying to stick to my diet and excercise and have promissed myself that i am only going to get on the scale once per week. I'll see how that goes!

Don't stress, take one day at a time... and on day one.... try telling yourself you look great!! No matter what!!
    take care...
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think I have become obsessed hoping my numbers will drop. lol

But you are all right. The morning is the best. I check my weight after I go to the bathroom in the morning too.

Honestly, I don't think I could do it 1 x a week. If I weigh myself and I have gained. It motivates me to watch what I am eating. Especially when I get home from work at night. It's so easy to put the weight on but losing is the battle. ugh!
  • whtflds
    whtflds Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week sometimes skipping a week cause I need to know if I am loosing weight and the best way for me to tell is by checking in every week since this program is designed for .5-1-2lbs a week.