BL half marathon?

Options
Georg
Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
I just watched last week's show & here's my question...
If they've been working out for hours every day, why did they think they couldn't do 13 miles? That should have seemed like a piece of cake to them?! They probably do that on the treadmill daily anyway.

Replies

• Georg
    Options
    I just watched last week's show & here's my question...
    If they've been working out for hours every day, why did they think they couldn't do 13 miles? That should have seemed like a piece of cake to them?! They probably do that on the treadmill daily anyway.
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    Running outside is a lot harder than running on a treadmill. And there may be a psychological fact that they could never have believed they would ever be running a half marathon. Yes they knew they were much fitter and healthier but now it was really going to be tested.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I dvr'd that and watched it yesterday while I was on the treadmill. I was just going to jog for a mile because I was feeling lazy when they started in on the whole half marathon. That was the push I needed to do 2.5 miles instead! I just kept thinking, "If they can do 13.1 miles, I can CERTAINLY do 2.5!!!" I was glad I did it and I used it to make myself do it again this morning. :smile:
  • Georg
    Options
    That's great!
    I find the show to be very motivating, too. I think about them exercising for hours daily, & it stops my whining. :huh: