NON-SCALE VICTORY!!!!!

Options
HEY GUYS HOPE EVERYONE IS KEEPING UP THE GOOD FIGHT WITH THEIR WEIGHTLOSS JOURNEYS!!!!...SO I WANTED TO OPEN UP THIS TOPIC ABOUT "NON-SCALE VICTORY" BECAUSE SOMETIMES WE FOCUS SO MUCH ON THE SCALE NUMBER THAT WE GET OBESSED OR DISCOURAGED. I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT WHILE THE ULTIMATE GOAL IS TO GO DOWN IN WEIGHT WE SHOULD CELEBRATE NON-SCALE VICTORIES AS WELL BECAUSE IN MY OPINION THEY ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT!
MY NON-SCALE VICTORIES
~I HAVE TURNED DOWN THE BUFFET MULTIPLE TIMES
~MY STOMACH IS FINALLY SLIMING DOWN
~I CAN RUN FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME WITHOUT BEING COMPLETELY EXUSATED
~I HAVE LEARNED TO LOVE THE GYM
~ FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST WEEK I WAS ABLE TO DO THE ELLIPTICAL FOR 35 MINS
~EVERYONE IS STARTING TO NOTICE A DIFFERENCE
~I CAN FINALLY FIT BACK INTO MY FAVORITE JEANS FROM 2YEARS AGO!!!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR NON-SCALE VICTORIES????

12909744.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• poloplayer76
    Options
    wow....how are you keeping soooooo motivated?
  • alohacariiann
    alohacariiann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First week lost 3lbs. Second week was very down on myself for only loosing 1lb despite the fact that I had a great week logging and working out. Took measurements and while weight wasn't down as much..my measurements are. Like you learning to find victory in self-discipline using weight and measurements as a physical guide but not my sole source of victory.
  • ShannieRay
    ShannieRay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    wow....how are you keeping soooooo motivated?
    HONESTLY MY NON-SCALE VICTORIES AND PEOPLE NOTICING A DIFFERENCE KEEPS ME VERY MOTIVATED, ALSO FOLLOWING A COUPLE OF PEOPLE WEIGHTLOSS JOURNEYS ON YOUTUBE. I JUST WANT TO BE HEALTHY I DEFINETLY SLIP UP ALOT BUT I BOUNCE RIGHT BACK, AT THE END OF THE DAY I JUST LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS....DO I WANNA LIVE A LONG LIFE OR DO I WANT EAT THAT CHEESEBUGER? AND CLEARLY LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN EATING THE FOODS WE EAT THAT DESTROY OUR BODIES INSIDE AND OUT!!!
    12909744.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    First week lost 3lbs. Second week was very down on myself for only loosing 1lb despite the fact that I had a great week logging and working out. Took measurements and while weight wasn't down as much..my measurements are. Like you learning to find victory in self-discipline using weight and measurements as a physical guide but not my sole source of victory.
    THATS GREAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND STAY MOTIVATED!!! & PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ON THE SCALE ANY LOST IS A GREAT LOST!!!!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    - my core muscles are so much stronger as each day goes by I am a lot fitter than I was 3 weeks ago
    - I bought a coat in December and put in on today for the first time in 3 weeks and it was loser
    - I see it in the mirror that my body shape is changing

I would like someone else to notice I have to admit. Because sometimes you feel you are kidding yourself
  • GettinMyLifeBck
    GettinMyLifeBck Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    - Completed 1 hr on the stair master without stopping
    - Able to comfortably fit in the school desk this semester
    -Had a pair of jeans that only went to my knees and now they fit
    -My feet doesn't hurt as bad when I wear heels
    -I have more energy
    -I am able to hang in the bedroom (ha ha)

Just a few but I totally agree these are what keeps me motivated when the scale wont go down... Good luck with your success
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    - my core muscles are so much stronger as each day goes by I am a lot fitter than I was 3 weeks ago
    - I bought a coat in December and put in on today for the first time in 3 weeks and it was loser
    - I see it in the mirror that my body shape is changing

I would like someone else to notice I have to admit. Because sometimes you feel you are kidding yourself
    Hey thats great!!!...and i agree it is encouraging when others notice but remember u are usually the first one to notice a change because its ur body.....but keep up the work I wish u the best of luck!!!
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    - Completed 1 hr on the stair master without stopping
    - Able to comfortably fit in the school desk this semester
    -Had a pair of jeans that only went to my knees and now they fit
    -My feet doesn't hurt as bad when I wear heels
    -I have more energy
    -I am able to hang in the bedroom (ha ha)

Just a few but I totally agree these are what keeps me motivated when the scale wont go down... Good luck with your success

LOL....at ur last victory....I can definetly hang NOW!!!lol....but im sure it will be much easier when i drop some more pounds, thanks for ur honesty! LOL
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I try not to go by what the scale says. For example, this week it says i gained 3 pounds!!!! WTF! But, I have worked out every day, weight lifting 3x and cardio 3x, and have been under my calorie goal. The thing I do notice is that my muscles are sore, my pants are loose and my measurements have gone down. I used to be obsesed with what the scale said, but now I try to go by how I look and feel than what the # is.
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    I try not to go by what the scale says. For example, this week it says i gained 3 pounds!!!! WTF! But, I have worked out every day, weight lifting 3x and cardio 3x, and have been under my calorie goal. The thing I do notice is that my muscles are sore, my pants are loose and my measurements have gone down. I used to be obsesed with what the scale said, but now I try to go by how I look and feel than what the # is.
    So true im glad u post ur comment because thats exactly what happens to alot of people and the get discouraged...& its ashame because a lot of the time they give up and while the numbers are important they are not the only thing that matters!!!
  • sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Clothes fitting better
    Being able to catch the bus by running four stops ahead (I am not just trying to lose weight I put on since university but also increase my fitness)
    To not even want to eat chocolate
  • ShannieRay
    Options
    THATS GREAT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!
  • HelloRevvie
    Options
    - I feel healthier and better about myself
    - I've began to love working out
    - I have way more energy and get outside alot more
    - I stayed on the elliptical for 30 minutes the other day :) Longest I've ever stayed on it at once
    - My lungs are strengthening, my endurance has built up, and my breathing is much better than it used to be when I was growing up (had asthma)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I can touch my toes! :-)
  • jojosherm
    Options
    Great points!!! It takes such great will power to do the things you are doing. You are right - they are non-scale victories- but so VERY IMPORTANT in the fight/struggle so many of us have to get the weight off and then to keep it off.
  • Stazed
    Stazed Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You know, this group is just what I needed. I have been working at this for 3 weeks now, and I have lost a few lbs, but I am very impatient, and I am not sure the scale is doing my work justice.

My non-scale victories:
    -Sticking to this new life-style change for 1 month now
    - I can now bike 10 miles in 34 minutes
    -My jeans feel looser
    -I have successfully gone on 2 healthy shopping trips and avoided snack foods
    - I look forward to logging in here every day!
    -I have cut back on caffeine because I have more energy
    -I can touch my toes too!
    :-D
  • Brittmy
    Brittmy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OH I FORGOT THE BIGGEST ONE! As of tomorrow's workout, I will have biked over 200 miles in January!! I doubled my initial goal! :-)
  • jojosherm
    Options
    OH I FORGOT THE BIGGEST ONE! As of tomorrow's workout, I will have biked over 200 miles in January!! I doubled my initial goal! :-)

That is awesome!!!