Fiction:need a good book- weight related

Options
I am a voracious reader and am at a loss for what my nest book should be. Actually, I typically have several books going at once, but each are different genres. I am looking for something non fiction that relates to weight struggles, eating and food issues and the like. Any suggestions out there so I can supplement my kindle?
Much obliged,
Anne

Replies

• Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    In her shoes? I think that was kinda weight related, long time since I read it.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any off the top of my head right now, Anne.

Here are some on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Weight loss&rh=n:2,k:Weight loss&page=1

OT, have you read Janet Evanovich's series? They are hilarious. I like Sue Grafton's series, too.
  • Cat_296
    Cat_296 Posts: 40
    Options
    Do you like autobiographies? Dawn French's 'Dear Fatty' is very good - not quite what you asked for as it's also about her life, but does include her ongoing battle with weight. (She's a British comedienne if you haven't heard of her). She's also worth looking up on the internet as she's also recently had a lot of success with weight loss....
  • liquidlove
    liquidlove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fiction? Gerbil Farmers Daughter..main character has parent issues and weight issues. Raised in Navy family. I think its part non-fiction but very funny and entertaining. you would love it.
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys. First of all, I adore Dawn French and have for a long time. Absolutely Fabulous! great series. H - I will do the search but will look into your suggestions first. I enjotpy reading things on others recommendations rather than critical reviews. Finally, wasn't In her Shoes a movie? Not sure but I will ck it out!
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What? I would have just asked you to begin with. Damn girl, I thought you were working the how to raise a teenager books! I'll download it now. U know whatmi like girl!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    "Eating by the light of the moon" can't remember the author.

"Why french women don't get fat" some simple, basic ideas about eating food you enjoy, just not too much of anything

I will add more later ;)