Hello

Hey everyone. I'm Chris and I'm trying to get back into a more healthy way of life after a stressful holiday season. I'm 26 years old and I am a chef at a chop house (so avoiding fatty foods is impossible, lol).

Trying to get back into a cardio routine, free weights 3 times a week. My diet will be a low calorie, high protein diet, but I will not be cutting out any food completely (i.e. carbs).

Anyway, hello, and I hope to talk to you guys soon.

Replies

• 2012Sonya
    2012Sonya Posts: 37 Member
    Hi Chris and welcome to myfitnesspal! I love Chop House btw :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I love the Chop House! You should do very well with a high protein diet. Good luck!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,468 Member
    Hi Chris, I've been here for 3 weeks and find this website addictive. Good luck and add me as a friend if you need supporters.
  • cmcole2012
    cmcole2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Yeah, it is kind of addictive. When I start a diet and exercise plan I tend to obsess over it a bit until I start to see results. I just signed up yesterday and I have been checking in constantly to add any snack or bite of food I eat at work.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Welcome to MFP Chris! Good luck on your fitness journey! There are a ton of supportive people on this site. Feel free to add me if you would like! There are probably actually more than a ton here seeing most of us are aiming to lose weight! :laugh:
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,468 Member
    I take my nookcolor to the table with me and log while I'm eating, it makes me eat slower. :) Good luck with your results.