Have you tried the fitbit? Is it worth the money?

Options
I'm brand new and excited. The fitbit looks great, but over the years I've spent a lot of money on gadgets I've use for a week or two and put away. The fitbit is expensive. Have you use it? Is it worth the $$ Thanks in advance

Replies

• dkljj
    dkljj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I got one yesterday and am still learning to use it. It synced right away with My fitness pal. That is all I know for now. I will have to use it for a few weeks to see if it is accurate. It is very comfortable to wear and small.
  • Crashley04
    Options
    I got one a little over a week ago. It happened to be by accident. We were picking up an Xbox360 for our girls and they were offering a free FitBit with it! So far I love it. Tracks everything for me and I'm constantly checking it to see if I'm hitting goals :) I find reasons to go upstairs or park at the back of parking lots now to get my numbers up! And it's great that is syncs so easily with MFP.
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    Thanks!
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    Thank you - May I'll give it a try.
  • HealthyBird
    HealthyBird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using mine today. So far I love it!
  • Shaigirl79
    Shaigirl79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new and excited. The fitbit looks great, but over the years I've spent a lot of money on gadgets I've use for a week or two and put away. The fitbit is expensive. Have you use it? Is it worth the $$ Thanks in advance

I've had mine for two months now. It is pricey and basically a glorified pedometer... but it's the best $100 I've ever spent! In the last two months, I've lost 17 pounds using MFP and FitBit. When I first got it, I was averaging like 4,000 steps. But then I started getting into it and trying to best myself every day. And now I'm averaging 8,000 steps and getting better every day! Also, I noticed that instead of constantly asking my husband to get me something or go do something for me, I'll get up off my butt and do it myself for the extra steps! So it definitely keeps me aware of how active I am (or not).

Ohh... and I, too, have wasted money on various health gadgets that either didn't work or I got bored with. So when I first saw the FitBit and decided I wanted one, I was worried it'd be the same old thing. But definitely not so!!! I'm still using and LOVING it! And I don't see that changing any time soon! So bottom line... I highly recommend it!!!!! :smile:
  • ItsFinallyHappening
    Options
    Thanks! Good motivation for me