Cinema Snack Dilemma

Options
13»

Replies

• orodee
    orodee Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go find the 100 calorie bag of popcorn asap!! I've never seen them....
    Almost cinema time, sticking with the weight watchers cookies and a handful of hubby's popcorn...I hope!
    That's not too bad is it? :)
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Another tip for making your own - my husband does "microwave popcorn" using reg. popcorn and 2 brown paper lunch sacks. He uses the sacks more than once (for those environmental folks), and they take up much less space than an air popper.

We also use one of those mister things where you add your own olive oil and spritz it on...

Overall, it's pretty cheap doing it this way, too. Throw some in a ziploc baggie, throw in your purse and you are good to go.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm not a snack during the movies kind of person (I can't hear the dialog), but eating during a movie is the whole point of going to a movie for my husband. If you're the same way, you'll have to work it into your routine so it's something you can live with. Get to know the calories of everything you like to get, so at least you're making informed choices. Try to share with people. Sneaking in food is one possibility, as long as waiting in line and making a choice isn't part of the experience for you. You can burn off calories by exercising before you go. You can go less often.

You may also consider organizing a regular movie night for your church or community group, where you sell your own treats in smaller sizes and have healthier choices available for those who want them.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to go find the 100 calorie bag of popcorn asap!! I've never seen them....
    Almost cinema time, sticking with the weight watchers cookies and a handful of hubby's popcorn...I hope!
    That's not too bad is it? :)

not at all!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You can go 2 hours without eating snacks.

"Dilemma" solved.
  • kaelawilliford
    Options
    i make my own popcorn before i go and package it in baggies - 3c. portion. I take my own bottle of water w/ a mix in. And I need a little chocolate, so I take 3 peppermint hershey kisses....they usually do the job for me. If i do buy anything there, it's just a pickle.... My hubby and I just got home from a matinee and this was smuggled into my "big" purse! (all of that was only around 300 cals - worth it to me, especially since before the first of this year, I would get a large popcorn, a large DP, and chocolate almonds!)
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I bring my own. I feel sick if I don't eat every 4 hours or so, so I will commonly bring some string cheese or an apple. If they ever say anything I will have to make the argument that they have no healthy options for me. I don't think they mind so much as long as I'm not bringing in a giant meal from McDonalds or something like that.

With that said, why can't you have the popcorn you like, in moderation? Or perhaps work out more to make up for it? When I deprive myself of something, I want it more.