gym help

Options
Hi I have been talking with my instructor and she says that she sees me doing alot of conditioning exercises so if I want to lose more inches I need to lift heavier which is tough when you have tennis elbow in both arms and have to watch how much you lift. I have ordered some latin dancing videos which I am excited to try. My hubbie says that will help with the inches. Is this true? Does anyone know as I have been going to the gym now for 2 years and seem to be at a standstill with losing anymore inches but still need to lose more fat especially around the lower part of my stomach. I am now 47 years old and struggle with the middle part of me.

shyla 3

Replies

• shyla11
    shyla11 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I have been talking with my instructor and she says that she sees me doing alot of conditioning exercises so if I want to lose more inches I need to lift heavier which is tough when you have tennis elbow in both arms and have to watch how much you lift. I have ordered some latin dancing videos which I am excited to try. My hubbie says that will help with the inches. Is this true? Does anyone know as I have been going to the gym now for 2 years and seem to be at a standstill with losing anymore inches but still need to lose more fat especially around the lower part of my stomach. I am now 47 years old and struggle with the middle part of me.

shyla 3
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You know, I have lost 14lbs in 2.5 months and haven't set foot in a gym. I have been walking at least 45 minutes a day (uphill if possible) 6 days per week or doing a Tybo tape. Cardio is what has helped me lose my stomach fat and hips. In this time period, I have lost 6" off my waist and 4" off my hips. I'm happy with that. I know it's probably not right, but I am actually focusing more on moderate cardio and less on weights and once I get to my target weight, I will start a weight training program to define and strengthen my upper body. (my legs have gotten really muscular since I started this)

I am Latin American and I LOVE Lating dancing. You will really enjoy your videos and they will help you burn that fat!!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Try doing some big muscle movers that dont involve much effort from your elbows like squats. The elbow thing really makes the weight lifting tough though I bet.
  • shyla11
    Options
    thankyou for the replies I thought that my hubbie was right about the dancing when I met him he used to dance ismoetrics type he was hot then still is but has lost alot of muscle due to health reasons.
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options

shyla 3

What do you have tennis elbow from? "Tennis elbow" is from over use of the arm? http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tennis-elbow/DS00469

maybe you have tendinitis http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tendinitis/DS00153

weight lifting can make those muscle stronger.

As far as losing the 4 pound left diet........... diet........... diet...........

if you looking to tighten up the lower stomach try full sit up it will work your lower abs and hip flexor

good luck
  • shyla11
    Options
    Yes I do alot of sit up types of exercises but had ceasarian with my girls and have excessive roll of fat which seems to be impossible to tighten as much as I want. I will try this new latin dance dvd and hope it helps.