How can I keep my protein down?

Options
I have been doing MFP for only 5 days, but have been dieting/watching intake for over 15 years now. I know that low GI carbs and higher protein works for me BUT I am blowing my protein numbers each day. How can I keep it down?

I have low GI grain toast in morning, same at lunch or plain bread with protein, then protein at dinner.

I am also struggling to eat my calories as everything snacky (banana, apple, orange, peach, rice crackers, almonds) has protein.

Please, any ideas? Thanks

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The bananas, apples and rice crackers I log don't have any protein listed. In fact I have the opposite problem, my protein is always way under.

TBH I wouldn't worry too much about it either way as long as you are under on calories.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    MFP sets your protein very low! Most people adjust it to a range that makes more sense to them. I have mine set to a level that works for me. If you know what works for you, change your settings. It is under goals, and you use custom goals.
  • nickwylie
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I was worrying, MFP was telling me one thing and my brain another - leads to confusion, doubt etc Thank you again :o)
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    MFP sets a protein goal of only 15%. You can manually change the percentages for carb/fat/protein. But really... don't sweat it. (When I saw your topic, my first thought was, "why would you want to??"