A Small Victory (But I'll Take It!)

Options
Last night I went out with my girlfriends to a nightclub for some drinks and dancing. We've had this ritual for years, and we always dress up and go big with it. For the past couple years, though, I have felt like the obligatory fat friend after gaining so much weight. I needed a new dress, so I went shopping with my husband and tried to see what I could find that would "hide" my fat *kitten* (which is pretty much not possible, so I wasn't holding my breath).

Surprise, surprise - I found a really cute black dress that was 2 sizes smaller than the last dress I bought! It was tight (don't worry, it was supposed to be!), but I didn't look like a roll of cookie dough squished into it, it actually made me look pretty good. It was short, but my legs had some light in between them for the first time in an (embarrassingly) long time, and looked okay! I did my hair and put my makeup on and felt sexy for the first time in a REALLY long time!

I had to be a lame-o and take a picture because I was so excited to feel like I looked good again. I still have a LONG ways to go, but this was a huge psychological victory for me. And because I'm so proud, I'm posting my dorky, taken-in-front-of-the-mirror-with-my-iPhone picture right here on the success board! (Sorry it's blurry - I told you it was an iPhone photo, LOL)

397837_224281607655456_100002208545412_487903_230629032_n.jpg

Replies

• rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Lol….I love your such descriptive story of yourself. That’s awesome that you were able to find something you liked AND it was smaller! Keep it up!
  • Bet_Lynch
    Options
    You look lovely xx
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Congrats!! oh what a feeling :)
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look HOT!
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Aw you look very nice and so happy, good for you girl, that's awesome!
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good job! You do look great! One small victory at a time is the perfect way to go about this lifestyle change.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You look really cute. Keep at it to get to where you want to be and congrats on the smaller size-it is a victory! :heart:
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Cute dress! You look cute in it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!