The Secret to Getting Compliments!!!!!

Options
nickybr38
nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
Ahem.

For those of us on this weight loss journey I have discovered the sure fire way to kick start compliments on your new healthier body!

1. Join MFP
2. Watch your calories (stay within your desired deficit)
3. Exercise
4. While doing all this DO NOT BUY NEW CLOTHES to fit your new body. This is important!
5. When you've lost so much weight you can remove your pants without unbuttoning/zipping them just by taking a deep breath... buy pants that fit properly.
6. ????
7. COMPLIMENTS!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I seriously need to cut out the caffeine don't I?

Replies

• nickybr38
    Options
    Ahem.

For those of us on this weight loss journey I have discovered the sure fire way to kick start compliments on your new healthier body!

1. Join MFP
    3. Exercise
    4. While doing all this DO NOT BUY NEW CLOTHES to fit your new body. This is important!
    5. When you've lost so much weight you can remove your pants without unbuttoning/zipping them just by taking a deep breath... buy pants that fit properly.
    6. ????
    7. COMPLIMENTS!

• purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options

lol i cut it out altogether when i started my journey 2 months ago and it hasn't really helped :laugh:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I agree! I never have worn tight fitting clothes (well since I was a skinny teenager anyways) and have lost almost 20 lbs so far and no one but my husband & co-worker (that knows I'm trying to lose weight) has noticed. I completely think this is the reason and have already purchased an outfit (it fits but SUPER tight) as motivation! I can't wait till it fits nicely and I can show off my hard work!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Ahem.

1. Join MFP
    3. Exercise
    6. ????
    7. COMPLIMENTS!

• Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I know what you mean, I have lost just over 20lbs now and the only people that have noticed or said anything are those that know that I have been trying to loose. I think I am loosing it all over at once so no dramatic inches lost yet, but my pants are looser and my tops aren't so clingy.
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    OMG!!! I thought I was crazy!! I've lost 20 lbs (since Jan 5th) and the same goes for me. Only the people who know I have lost it have noticed. A woman at work has been on medical leave since that day. She just got back on Monday and when I told her that I have lost 20 lbs she says "I guess I didn't pay that much attention to you to begin with. Yeah, I guess I can see it in your face." Gee, thanks!! :grumble:
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Ahem.

1. Join MFP
    3. Exercise
    6. ????
    7. COMPLIMENTS!

Love it!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was going to go shopping for new jeans but now I have a goal to meet #5 before I go out shopping. Is it okay if I use my big jeans to remove?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to lose twenty and see what all the fuss is:noway: LOL Great Job to all of you that have hit the twenty mark!!!:flowerforyou:
  • DonzGirl
    DonzGirl Posts: 42
    Options
    to xtina 11179....I am not into this yet so dont know if you will get this message...but, how about a challenge for Easter? I weigh slightly more than you...have lost 36 pounds since Jan 8 and our Y contest is over....I need to work with (against ??? lol!) someone!
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    thank you
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    being the why i was 1yr 1/2 ago now nothing but fitted shirts,muscle shirts :tongue:

oh and my favorite the hell with a shirt :glasses:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    Hey guys, this method seriously works. Haha.

I've been wearing my big pants at work since I started trying to lose weight. Just a few days ago I bought pants that fit and sauntered into work and the compliments have been rolling in like crazy! I was startled, I honestly didn't think anyone would notice.

;)

Hey Eriny, amen to that dress code!!!!
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    K so can you do one about the secret to getting a boyfriend LOL:laugh: :wink:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    ...and the 'secret to winning the lottery', if possible... :blushing:
  • nickybr38
    Options
    SECRET TO GETTING A BOYFRIEND:

1. FLIRT
    2. FLIRT
    3. FLIRT
    4. FLIRT