Is taking a week or more off from exercise good?

Options
I know we suppose to give our bodies "rest" days from exercise, especially if we're doing strength training. I usually take one day off a week. My strength training is on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and my cardio days are Monday - Saturday, ranging from low to high tensity.

I'm thinking about taking a week to a week in a half off soon. That's not too bad right?

Jarnard

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind that those days you are not exercising, you cannot eat like you did when you were or you'll gain weight back.
  • Thulpa
    Thulpa Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One of the great pieces of advice to long term athletes is to take a vacation from your workouts. Do not use this time to congeal, rather to refocus on what is important. It is the same as if you took a vacation from work, most people choose to do them both at the same time.

Good luck with the time off, When I do mine, i usually drive to the gym to keep the habit up, and then drive to where ever I need to be
  • stealthycat
    Options
    If you are training every day of the week, it is important to both body and mind to take a week off twice per year. You won't lose your fitness, but you do need some time to relax and regroup.