Zumba anybody?

Options
Moma_Do
Moma_Do Posts: 108 Member
Has anyone done Zumba? I'm going to the YMCA to take my first class tonight!! It looks so fun. I'm nervous though i haven't taken a gym class in so long, and it's hard to get the rhythm down at first. i wonder how many calories i will burn:bigsmile:

Replies

• Moma_Do
    Options
    Has anyone done Zumba? I'm going to the YMCA to take my first class tonight!! It looks so fun. I'm nervous though i haven't taken a gym class in so long, and it's hard to get the rhythm down at first. i wonder how many calories i will burn:bigsmile:
  • knitgirl
    knitgirl Posts: 27
    Options
    I've heard of it -- will be interested to hear how your class goes ...
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    Zumba is fun! I have taken it at the Y.
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    The Zumba class that I took was fun! It incorporates a lot of different dance types. I burned about 480 calories during the one hour class.
  • Moma_Do
    Options
    it was super fun, but i could only do 30 mins.. I was sweating so much. but i'll be back on tuesday to do atleast 30 mins. again. that could be one of my minin goals, to do the whole class :happy:
  • tomyhealth
    tomyhealth Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm glad that you had fun. 30 minutes is good.
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    Let me know they have it st my gym and ive been dying to take it.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am a ZUMBA fanatic... I started taking the classes at my gym in August... :drinker:

Ok, I am NOT one of those girls that in college was always looking for a dance floor.. I was always kinda self conscious (unless there was a good bit of alcohol involved, then that was a different story, but I digress :laugh: ). I was a cheerleader way back when, but I was always the last in our group to 'get' the routines, etc...

anyway, I tell you all that to make the point that you DO NOT have to be super coordinated or even a great dancer to get A LOT out of the class and have a GREAT time while you're at it...

I started out way in the back and now I'm front and center in each class! I burn anywhere from 500 - 600 calories in the class, and I totally love it.. My DH is a big fan also b/c all of the ab and glut work is really starting to pay off :embarassed: :noway: :love:

I can't believe how much confidence I have now in the class and how I can make my body 'move'! It's incredible! Good luck with your classes and just KEEP AT IT.. just like anything else, the more you do it, the better you get at it... and it's a blast all the way! :flowerforyou: