Looking for some diary input

Options
So I'm thinking of working out a little bit more and upping my protein, but I was wondering if any of you on the board had any ideas of your own to improve my eating habits. You'll find that not many of the meals vary and that a lot of them are the same, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ...anyone? Bueller?
  • alphabettie
    Options
    Bump
  • alphabettie
    Options
    Last bump
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Looking now :)
  • kennagif
    kennagif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, cheese
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Trade Joes must love you. :) If you were to track your sugar you would probably find it is pretty high.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks fine overall. If you want to add some protein, try something like adding 4-8oz of lean meat to your lunch.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    You could Lower your fat and sodium - I bet if you look at sodium its pretty high. Lower carbs a bit and up the protein a tad bit more.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Trade Joes must love you. :) If you were to track your sugar you would probably find it is pretty high.

Agreed! I LOVE chobani yogurt, but they are pretty high in sugar. Try tracking that... and sodium. It's always good to track sodium!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    For added protein I like almonds, eggs (hardboiled is a great snack) and peanut butter.

I think overall you are doing well. The only pointers I'd say is swich out your Starbucks - Glazed Cashews for some sea salt almonds and your fat content will be closer to your daily goal. :smile: Drink your water and snack on freast fruit and veggies.

Great job overall!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Me tell you a thing or 2?

I looked at your diary, and it's great!
    Much better than mine - :wink:
    And the feedback you're getting is good.

You are going to reach all your goals - KEEP PUNCHING!
  • ljarmitage
    Options
    I second the suggestion to track sugar. Yogurt is high in protein, but also high in sugar and calories. I substituted lowfat cottage cheese for yogurt and saved 30-70 calories per day (depending on flavor of yogurt). You could probably sub more veggies for the fruits you are having as snacks and that would cut out some sugar, too. I like lowfat mozzarella cheese sticks as a low calorie (60), high-protein (8g) snack. Good luck!
  • JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think your diary looks pretty good. Honestly, my first thought when I saw your diary was: “She must spend a lot of money on food.” All the Chobani yogurts and Trader Joe’s food really add up cost-wise. But if it’s working for you, and you’re not looking to cut costs, then why should it matter? Or do you just put down Trader Joe’s food because it’s the closest approximation to something you ate that wasn’t really Trader Joe’s?

Overall, you’re a way healthier eater than me. :-) My only suggestion would be to consider swapping out some of your fruit juice for actual fresh fruit. It would have even more nutrients, less sugar per gram, and would give you some extra fiber. If you want to up the protein, maybe try some chicken cutlets or tofu…easy to prepare and freeze.
  • alphabettie
    Options
    I tend to go to Trader Joes because I find that certain things are cheaper there than in other areas of my neighborhood. Usually I just get my fruit, eggs, and baby carrots from there, and occasionally their Mediterranean hummus.

The Chobanis, well, they happened to be on sale this week at another grocery store so I stocked up. There are 14 of them sitting in my fridge as I type this, so it's going to be a while until I can eat some cottage cheese instead (which I am really NOT a fan of). Lol!

Okay. So adding mozzarella cheese sticks, more veggies, and almonds. Thanks, guys!