Piloxing

Options
There are some places that have this class live, but they are rare as of now... I just started using this DVD version (though I bought it over the summer.. shame on me) and it is AWESOME. I was wondering if anyone else used it, and had any tips on how to log the calories for it (yes--I know if I had a heart rate monitor I could know for sure. But I just don't have the money to buy a decent one and I don't find the cheap ones to be accurate.)

If you've never tried this, I recommend it, it's intense and a lot of fun, you barely notice the time go by!

Replies

• cball3394
    Options
    Ive heard a bit about it and it seems so fun! when I get the extra cash I am going to buy it for sure! its just my type of workout! Great for the nights I dont feel like staying at work for a class.
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ive heard a bit about it and it seems so fun! when I get the extra cash I am going to buy it for sure! its just my type of workout! Great for the nights I dont feel like staying at work for a class.

Yeah it's perfect for the days when I can't get out of the house, and you get a real good sweat out of it. :)
  • Indygirl6
    Options
    Actor girl, hi! I work at our local YMCA and we just started offering this class. To help promote it we having been playing a video/testimonial --looks like a great way to burn calories and have fun! I have been meaning to jump in on a class - you've given me the push! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks! Btw, my battery just went out on my Polar Heart Monitor, but I will get it fixed and maybe we can get an idea of the calorie burn. :smile:
  • ActorGirl1476
    ActorGirl1476 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Actor girl, hi! I work at our local YMCA and we just started offering this class. To help promote it we having been playing a video/testimonial --looks like a great way to burn calories and have fun! I have been meaning to jump in on a class - you've given me the push! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks! Btw, my battery just went out on my Polar Heart Monitor, but I will get it fixed and maybe we can get an idea of the calorie burn. :smile:

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it! I have crunch gyms, they have almost everything as a class and Im honestly baffled that we dont have it. but let me know how you enjoy it and what you burn! thanks!
  • twotwentyeight
    Options
    I take it at my YMCA, I really love the class.
    A mixture of kickboxing, pilates and a little dancing.
    You definitely work up a serious sweat!
  • cball3394
    Options

I work at our local YMCA too!! I really wish we would start this class. Although we did just incorporate this new one called "body pump" in the morning which eliminates me from taking it cause of school but its looks fun also. It seems to fit in nicely with our zumba program and everyone likes it. When we have off I really wan to try it.