Hows this sound... nutritionist...

Options
VballLeash
VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
So I went to the nutritionist today to try and figure out why I haven't been feeling good. She said I haven't even been close to eating enough! She said that I should be eating about 2000 calories on days I don't run and 2400 calories on days I run (training for a marathon) O I'm 5'10'' and about 145 pounds, 21 years old. I feel like thats sooo much. I've been eating like 1300 calories... Also, I have to start taking calcium pills and fish oil pills and I just plain need to eat more especially carbs. Does this sound right? I'm freaking out that I will end up gaining weight. Any input would be awesome, Thanks so much!

~Leash

Replies

• VballLeash
    Options
    So I went to the nutritionist today to try and figure out why I haven't been feeling good. She said I haven't even been close to eating enough! She said that I should be eating about 2000 calories on days I don't run and 2400 calories on days I run (training for a marathon) O I'm 5'10'' and about 145 pounds, 21 years old. I feel like thats sooo much. I've been eating like 1300 calories... Also, I have to start taking calcium pills and fish oil pills and I just plain need to eat more especially carbs. Does this sound right? I'm freaking out that I will end up gaining weight. Any input would be awesome, Thanks so much!

~Leash
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :tongue: it does sound weird when someone tells you your not eating enough it would be wonderful if someone would tell me that and i believe them.:love:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    well, you for sure need to eat more then 1300!!!!! You are not over weight, try upping to 1700 or 2000...you want to be healthy!
  • becca1978
    becca1978 Posts: 12
    Options
    There is a really good book on eating clean which does incorporate alot of calories. The Author's name is Tosca Reno. You can eat that many calories in a diet as long is it is not proccessed foods. I really enjoyed her book. Just up your calories slowly and see how your body reacts.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is correct. But if you are training for a marathon. You will need more food in order to have the energy to burn when you're working your butt off! LOL But 2400 calories does sound like a lot. 1800 to 2000 might be accurate. I eat no more than 1250 calories a day but I have a lot of weight to lose.
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    They do sound a little high. When I was training for my marathon I was eating about 1800/day ... a little more on runs over 13 or 14 miles. I am just over 5'8" and 140 lbs. so size is not too far off either.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    I find it funny that you'll ask a bunch of strangers if they think the nutritionist was wrong. Didn't the nutritionist get specialized training in nutrition?

I don't mean to sound harsh... but who are we to tell you what's right for your body? Your nutritionist probably knows better than most of us do.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I find it funny that you'll ask a bunch of strangers if they think the nutritionist was wrong. Didn't the nutritionist get specialized training in nutrition?

I don't mean to sound harsh... but who are we to tell you what's right for your body? Your nutritionist probably knows better than most of us do.

I'm not saying the nutritionist is wrong I was just asking what you guys thought about it, I'm going to try what she said for sure! :happy:

~Leash
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    How many miles are you running a week?
  • VballLeash
    Options
    How many miles are you running a week?

30 miles or so! It depends...
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    Options
    I say go with 2000 a day and see how you feel. You do need more than you think for marathon training.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Thanks so much! :happy:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

~Leash
    Actually to me it sounds right..especially if your a runner ..your quite tall as well