NSV - 21 Days without Nighttime Binge

Options
Hello, MFP Community! Today I celebrate my 21st day without a nighttime binge. Over several years, I developed a horrid habit of consuming as much as 3,000 calories during the late evening and overnight - sometimes I was even asleep while I ate dozens of fruit snack packages, whole bags of candy or entire containers of cookies. I was miserable about the effects of my habit, but made every excuse in the world about why I was doing it and how I couldn't possibly control it.

Without much thought, I told my best friend about my habit and confessed I really wanted to quit the binges. She and I had already agreed to get healthy this year and coming clean about my night eating felt a little bit like what I imagine an AA meeting is!! Nevertheless, I made a commitment to her to try ... something I felt obligated to do. So without giving myself a chance to rationale my way out, I started that night. I put a calendar beside my bed and every time I woke up to eat I'd get a glass of water and look at the calendar. Could I make it another day?

Around the 10th day, I finally stopped waking up! And this morning, I crossed off my 21st date on the calendar.

It's a small victory, though it's helped me lose 14 pounds and get better sleep. Most importantly, though, it's given me hope that I can achieve my fitness goals.

Thanks for reading! And thanks for being part of the MFP community - having a support network feels incredible.

Replies

• kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know that is one victory that is hard to win. Nighttime was always my downfall. I would eat and eat all night long. Good job!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! That should help you a ton!! I have 5 kids as well and its hard to stay on track even when you are awake!!! And I see you are down 14 pounds already! Good for you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!