Recipe Maker Help

Options
MericoX
MericoX Posts: 199 Member
So I put together the ingredients for our beef stew tonight.. but now I'm trying to figure out how many servings it will make?
Help?

Replies

• Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Estimate how much of it you will eat and how many portions that size are in the pot - ex. you eat one bowl full. How many bowls will that serve. It's a little tricky but you could measure by filling your pot to the same level with water and using the water to measure the servings or bowlfuls you can get out of it. If anyone has a better way, I'd like to know.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Estimate how much of it you will eat and how many portions that size are in the pot - ex. you eat one bowl full. How many bowls will that serve. It's a little tricky but you could measure by filling your pot to the same level with water and using the water to measure the servings or bowlfuls you can get out of it. If anyone has a better way, I'd like to know.
    This is how I do it.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    normally, ill measure everything before i put it in the pot, and add one serving of each (meat, potatoes, carrot, onion) to my diary. i normally only cook enough veggies for the night, with no leftovers. (so 3 servings, raw)
    then when its done cooking, i weigh the meat and divide by 4 oz servings. then with the veggies i weigh and divide by 3.
    my way sounds way more complicated than the others lol but its the way ive always done it - im a numbers person and "1 bowl" wouldnt be accurate for me.