Newbie here, but to dieting.

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Christine. I've been on my diet since July '08 ( with a lil break around the holidays :blushing: ). I started at 223lbs. I am currently at 198lbs. I started on another fitness site which I really like, but then I found myfitnesspal and already seem to like this one better! I'm having a way easier time finding my foods to journal.

I am mother to 2 beautiful girls, 6 years old & 1 year old. I am currently engaged to the man I've been with for almost 4 years. I have MS...which causes a lot of depression and fatigue. I have a hard time keeping up with an exercise program, but I'm trying my hardest with yoga right now.

I love having friends that are trying to get in shape too, it really motivates me. Even if it's just checking in once a week with a weight and how I've done. So I can't wait to meet new people here!

Replies

• kitty82
    kitty82 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Christine. I've been on my diet since July '08 ( with a lil break around the holidays :blushing: ). I started at 223lbs. I am currently at 198lbs. I started on another fitness site which I really like, but then I found myfitnesspal and already seem to like this one better! I'm having a way easier time finding my foods to journal.

I am mother to 2 beautiful girls, 6 years old & 1 year old. I am currently engaged to the man I've been with for almost 4 years. I have MS...which causes a lot of depression and fatigue. I have a hard time keeping up with an exercise program, but I'm trying my hardest with yoga right now.

I love having friends that are trying to get in shape too, it really motivates me. Even if it's just checking in once a week with a weight and how I've done. So I can't wait to meet new people here!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!! :drinker:
  • SexySize9
    SexySize9 Posts: 43
    Options
    Welcome to our club.:flowerforyou: I hope you love this site just as much I do.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!!!!
  • kitty82
    kitty82 Posts: 36
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! Where is a good place to get started around here?
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I always read the Message boards, there's always good info there from excercise to recipes and then some. :happy: