I need accountabilibuddies!!!

Options
Hi :) first post, I've been lurking for a while though. I need some friends on here for serious. I'm looking to lose about 30 pounds total. I live in NYC, I'm a mom and active duty military member. I love running, crossfit, and eating :( My husband and I follow an 80% paleo diet with the other 20% being delicious bagels and pizza and other culinary adventures!

Replies

• molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    hi there! i live in norther nj and accountabilibuddies are the best! feel free to add me :)
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. This site is a great place, especially when you have amazing friends to help you along :) Paleo...thats no grains, isnt it?
  • amberray4307
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I signed up awhile ago but am now just getting back on the site and trying to get healthy. I have 31 pounds till my goal weight so maybe we can help each other on this journey.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I like. cross fit too
  • Indygirl6
    Options
    Hi! I am an Indiana mom of four and would love to help eachother with this weight loss thing!!! I need to lose 20 pounds and am two weeks in to my goal! Add me and lets help kick these extra calories to the curb! Yum.....pizza, bagels....:smile:
  • Zombiette13
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I've been on here for a few months and have lost almost 33 already -- I find it sucks posting about accomplishments and not having a lot of encouragement!
  • 2hotserranos
    2hotserranos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im new to my fitness pal . I will add you :smile:
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm from New Jersey. :)
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    Count me in! I am new here and I would love some buddies! :smile:
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I'd love to help. Count me in. I love 5k races and am also signed up for a Warrior Dash in April. I want to lose 30 pounds by then.
  • mwilloughby66
    mwilloughby66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Could use some buddies myself
  • MarkLisa1
    Options
    You are welcome to add me. I'm a newbie to this site and love it soo far.
  • mallerina757
    mallerina757 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I'm coming off a binge - tried Jorge Cruise Belly Fat Cure. How depressing, I felt like I was eating more tortillas and cheez-its than veggies and fruits. I have our epic grocery trip planned out for tomorrow so I'll be back on track (and tracking) tomorrow.

Do y'all have the site set your calorie goal for you, or did you set a custom goal?
    Do you eat your exercise calories back?
    What's been your best weight loss trick or strategy thus far?
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am in Tampa, FL a stay at home mom to an energetic four year-old boy and wife to an amazing man. My goal is to lose about 45 pounds. I signed on to MFP about 6 months ago and just lost all motivation. I came back about a week ago.

In answer to your questions, I think I remember just putting in basic info like height, current weight, activity level and your goal weight and they did the rest.

I've been told you DO eat back your exercise calories.

And weight lose trick?? I haven't found one yet, hence the lack of motivation and the gaining of 15 pounds over the last 6 months.

Good luck friend.
  • Cobiee
    Cobiee Posts: 3
    Options
    Looking for accountability myself! I'm in!! I just have about 12 pounds to drop but WOW is it hard. I think my metabolism STOPPED!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me. Im on everyday, keep my food and exercise log open for my friends , and am always willing to support! Ive lost 14 already and have about 41 more to go!
  • BusterRockyPip
    Options
    I'm willing to exchange support. Don't think I could do the paleo diet, although I respect those with the discipline to do so. I'm from NE Queens.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    hi there! i live in norther nj and accountabilibuddies are the best! feel free to add me :)

I live in northern NJ too. I need accountabilibuddies and can be one for others. feel free to add me :)
  • BusterRockyPip
    Options
    As far as your question about best weight loss strategy, the two things I HAD to do were 1) write everything down (or recording it here on MFP). I just recently got an Android so now I have the Calorie Counter/MFP app. (I am amazed every time I can scan a food for its nutrients. How do they do that? lol), and 2) exercise and weight train.

But, I had to start first with deciding what was a healthy balance, what I thought I could live with as far as a food plan, what kind of exercise plan I could do based on my schedule.

I could stay on track with diet, I mean be perfect with calories and proper nutrients, but not lose unless I was working out, too. And whenever I stopped recording my food, I eventually went off track. Yes, it's obsessive, but I'd rather be obsessive this way than obsessively eating pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream...

Oh ... and I think there's a third thing. Don't let other people's opinions screw you up. People may say you look fine and don't need to lose. Some of them may be lying, some are jealous, some have other motivations. If you have a goal, that's your goal. And you are smart enough to figure out what to eat on your own, and what exercises to do. There's a lot of buttinskis out there...
  • Hello! I just joined MyFitnessPal today. I'm trying to reach my weight loss goal of 115 pounds and I need to lose about 12 to get there. I've already lost 11 pounds in 3 weeks, but would like to keep better track of my food and water intake along with exercise (thus me joining MyFitnessPal). Feel free to add me :)