Loose skin?

Options
HELP! Any tricks/tips on what to do about the loose skin on my inner thighs, abdomen, and back of arms? I'm sure if I could shrink it, I'd drop another size...good grief! =)

Replies

• Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure since I haven't gotten there yet, but a lot of people have been saying to do some toning, i.e. lifting weights and strength training.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    bump ... i'm not there yet but I will be...i'm using firming moisturizers but interested in what has actually worked for people
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about excess skin. Skin doesn't bounce back.
    The only thing that can help is toning and firming cream. I use Nivea and like it. Many people claim that these creams don't work but I notice improvement for sure. But you have to use it consistently every day.

I personally have to get a tummy tuck surgery. :(
  • piercedbeauty21
    Options
    Bump I'd like to know the answer too. I had a c-section almost 3 years ago and my stomach skin is so stretched out and saggy. I'd love to tighten it back up again a little.
  • Trilaina
    Options
    A cup of papaya every day is supposed to help, too. I lose more weight when I eat it, I've noticed, but I'm not sure if that's a placebo effect or not, and it can be hard to get in my area.
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i take a vitamin c supplement to lessen my cellulite and that seems to be working. it's not an extreme difference, but it did help. not sure if it'll work for saggy skin though.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    There's really nothing you can do. You're going to have what you're going to have. Unfortunately.

I have the full sharpei.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    drink more water too - that helps with skin elasticity - not going to do it all but anything helps right
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, you can tighten your skin, because what makes loose is losing the fat that's underneath it. Drink a lot of water, do toning and don't try to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    I have been slathering myself in Palmers. I hope it helps!!!!!!!!!
  • mochamofitandhealthy
    Options
    Loose skin is something I'm afraid of, but I have so much weight to lose that I know the risk of having it may be high. I've heard a number of things. Here are some:

Build muscle
    Stay hydrated
    Collagen
    I read an article about a woman who lost a large amount of weight and she was adamant that eating tofu every day was the key to her avoiding loose skin (I guess this is because of the protein in it).
    Shea Butter
    Cocoa Butter

I don't know if any of these work for loose skin, but I figure if they don't, many of them have other benefits. For example, shea butter is great for my skin (in terms of clarity and moisture).
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Slowly your skin should shrink back, but depending on your age and how long you had the extra weight for is dependant on how much elsasticity your skin still has.
    Including a small amount of weight training into your fitness regime , as muscels support your skin, almost stick to it i guess.
    I dropped 30 kg very quickly a few years ago and had alot of extra skin, even on my forearms~!
  • tanigrrrrr
    tanigrrrrr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Slowly your skin should shrink back, but depending on your age and how long you had the extra weight for is dependant on how much elsasticity your skin still has.
    Including a small amount of weight training into your fitness regime , as muscels support your skin, almost stick to it i guess.
    I dropped 30 kg very quickly a few years ago and had alot of extra skin, even on my forearms!. Now its fine.
    Unfortunately though, if the elasticity is gone, its gone, and whilst over a few years it may improve, living with it or surgery are your options.
    Its a major concern to most people who want to loose weight I think.
    Good luck with it.xx
  • amandavictoria80
    Options

Nope. That's for stretch marks. Not excess skin. :(
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    There's really nothing you can do. You're going to have what you're going to have. Unfortunately.

I have the full sharpei.
    LOL! So do I!! That is just too funny!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Drink your water, eat your fresh fruit and vegetables. Do your exercise.. aerobics & toning.

Eventually, it's supposed to tighten up.

Seriously,. though, a little loose skin is still better than pudge, right?
  • amandavictoria80
    Options
    Please don't take the comments saying you can "shrink skin", "tone skin", etc. seriously. This is so not the case. Just don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment.

And if it is possible, it means I have had three medical doctors and two cosmetic surgeons lie to me. Which I think not. :/
  • meghan1789
    meghan1789 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bio-oil! I've heard it's a miracle for all skin-related things! Take that with a grain of salt I guess, but so many people have recommended it to me that it must be at least looking into.
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Nope. That's for stretch marks. Not excess skin. :(

Palmer's makes the skin more elastic, which helps fix the stretch marks, but that is also what you need to tighten your skin up. It doesn't just have one use.

Now, I'm not sure how effective it is, but it is still a possibility.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've heard that if you could build muscle behind the lose skin, with less fat it doesn't look so bad. That is what someone who was obese at one point, now a model.