Stretch marks?

Options
I know they'll never fully go away, but is there anything I can do to make them fade?
I've heard Vitamin E oil and cocoa butter can help but I haven't tried them.
Thoughts?

Replies

• LDParker
    LDParker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of stretch marks and if you give them time they will fade on their own. I've used the vitamin e oils and it helped a little bit.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Stay tan all the time
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Stay tan all the time

Because that can't wreck your skin worse...or any of the health risks associated :grumble:

With losing weight mine have actually faded A LOT whilst my stomach has been shrinking!
    They will never completely go away, but I just think of mine as battle scars (:
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    badges!!!!
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E and cocoa butter/oil do work. There is also something, in the UK called Bio Oil which some people say work although I have no experience there, but I've had friends/family swear by it and, unfortunately, you're right. They will never fully go. As a guy, I feel really embarassed that I have them, but a lot of my friends who also have them. Both male and female, say the same thing:

Embrace them as b st you can.

"If you have them, you can usually associate them with a happy memory, whether it is bearing a child, or before you became fat, or even hen you were overweight. There is always good or great memories associated with them. If someone dislikes them, then they don't really accept you as the are part of you."

The above was said by a close and personal friend of mine, and someone whose advice I still hold dear to this day.

If it doesn't help, tell me and I'll delete asap.
  • DiveBarDanceHall
    DiveBarDanceHall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Palmers makes a few different stretch mark fader creams which aren't that expensive and are know to penetrate deep into skin, where the scarring occurs, promoting collagen and elasticity. Snikception has been said to be the best, but it is insanely expensive. Personally, I have found stretch marks tend to fade once you lose weight and they get a bit older. Constant moisturizing is key to keep up with your skin's elasticity, so that will probably help more than you think. You can also go to any drug store, Target, or Wal-Mart and try out Mederma for stretchmarks or Bio-Oil before investing into something any more expensive.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ugh... as i've been losing weight mine are getting worse! I know that hormones have a much larger on stretch marks than actual size does... but seriously... losing weight and getting them just isn't fair!
  • Foxness
    Options
    Vitamin E and cocoa butter/oil do work. There is also something, in the UK called Bio Oil which some people say work although I have no experience there

I used bio oil almost every day during pregnancy and after and it nevr did a thing for my strech marks! It is available in the US but not worth the cost. Get cocoa butter oil and use oral vitamie E supplements. This made mine fade, but not dissappear completely.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are pink when they are new, then become light with time. You can't do much about them, since they are basically scar tissue, but the normal skin will tone up with time.