What drink can replace Welch's - Sparkling White Grape Juice

Options
Any info/ideas would be great! :wink: I love my Welch's - Sparkling White Grape Juice but it's too high on calories and sugar? :sad:
What else is out there that's something like that?! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not quite as sweet, but I like soda and lime, either lime wedges or a splash of lime juice.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Cascade Ice? It's a sparkling water that doesn't have that normally odd aftertaste. The entire bottle is only 2 calories. But the fruit flavors are really great.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Maybe some diet tonic mixed with white grape juice? Soda water mixed with white grape juice? Even sprite zero would work, depending on how sweet you wanted it and your individual tastes.

Have you even tried Talking Rain's flavored carbonated water? It may just be a Pacific NW thing (USA), but they make flavored carbonated water with no sweetener. It is kind of gross to me, but add some Splenda or liquor and YUM!

Keep trying!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i bought a soda stream at costco, and i like to use that to make home made sparkling juices... fizz up the water and then add some 100% juice and call it good. they also have sugar free 0 cal "mywater" flavors - orange, lemonlime and rapsberry i think? no one in the house likes em but me lol
  • iraidatheseeker
    Options
    Oh and justfor the record I don't likesparkling water or soda! :ohwell: :frown: THANKS!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jay0hwhy
    Options
    uhm... give it up and just drink water/ tea/coffee.. then you can have it as a treat and count it in your calories. i don't believe in replacing foods that are not great for you, but instead teaching yourself how to handle them without going overboard.

but in all honesty, i'm not big on drinking my calories. i'd rather take them in chewable form
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Just a straight up cut of the grape juice may do what you want, still give you the flavour while thinning out the calories / sugar etc. Half water? Half the calories and sugar per glass. I did it so I could keep enjoying my cranberry cocktail which is generally way too sweet to hack straight up.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Just a straight up cut of the grape juice may do what you want, still give you the flavour while thinning out the calories / sugar etc. Half water? Half the calories and sugar per glass. I did it so I could keep enjoying my cranberry cocktail which is generally way too sweet to hack straight up.

Yes! Water cut with white grape juice might do the trick. I've also heard people rave on the forums about Mio, the water enhancer.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Flavored carbonated water. The clear american kind at walmart is delicious. Sparkling ice brand I get at bilo is really good too. You can find those waters at really any grocery store and they are carbonated so they will still taste like soda but they don't have caffeine and calories.

Just saw you don't like sparkling water. Still worth a try :ohwell: