HELP! Stomach

Options
I need the most effective excercises for my stomach. I have had two children in 19 months apart and although its not extremely bad i'd love for my flab to tone up! Regular crunches are doing the trick and I need help! FAST too :) 4 weeks until my husband comes home from deployment and i'd love to see atleast the smallest results. Thanks!

Replies

• kayflowers2010
    kayflowers2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Other than the working out I'd suggest maybe doing like a juicing fast for 2 weeks or so to help clean you out and that will help take off some weight. Hope this helps :)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Other than the working out I'd suggest maybe doing like a juicing fast for 2 weeks or so to help clean you out and that will help take off some weight. Hope this helps :)

why?

To the op. Obviously spot reducing doesn't work. But if you do regular cardio, and work on yourcore alternate days? And eat heartily, you'll see improvements in a month. Planks and bicycle crunches?
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options

LOL "clean you out" of what? pretty sure your body does all that on its own on a daily basis. Please do more research before you post bro-science like this.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    To tone you first have to rid your body of excess fat. Eating a healthy calorie deficit, drinking enough water and exercising regularly will do this. After that, there are MANY workout programs out there that can target your abs to tone up the stomach. Keep at it! Remember, this takes time :)
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options

LOL "clean you out" of what? pretty sure your body does all that on its own on a daily basis. Please do more research before you post bro-science like this.

Exactly. All these "cleanse your body" type fasts are ridiculous. There are many reasons to fast, cleansing is NOT one of them. Your body does that all itself, if you are concerned, drink more water! :)
  • addisondisease
    Options
    To tone you first have to rid your body of excess fat. Eating a healthy calorie deficit, drinking enough water and exercising regularly will do this. After that, there are MANY workout programs out there that can target your abs to tone up the stomach. Keep at it! Remember, this takes time :)

Targeting your abs to "get abs" is actually the worst advice. Unless OP is below 14% body fat heavy compound lifts, cardio, and a clean diet will be the most effective.

The abdominals are very small muscles, so doing crunches/sit ups burns very little calories. While squats, dead-lifts, snatches, thrusters etc burn way way way way more.
  • meerkat70
    Options

Targeting your abs to "get abs" is actually the worst advice. Unless OP is below 14% body fat heavy compound lifts, cardio, and a clean diet will be the most effective.

The abdominals are very small muscles, so doing crunches/sit ups burns very little calories. While squats, dead-lifts, snatches, thrusters etc burn way way way way more.

I didn't know this. Thanks, that's really useful to know. This is actually what I do most (cardio and lifting), and feel guilty about not doing crunches more often. Useful to know that's actually not a bad thing!
  • meerkat70
    Options
    PS - where would planks be in that advice? I started doing a plank-a-day challenge about a week ago - hard work, but somehow less tortuous than crunches.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    "And eat heartily"

Blooming autocorrect on my phone. Obviously I meant *healthily*, not *heartily*!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    There are a lot of exercise DVDs/programs out there that work the whole body to help maximise your fat burn.

Have a look at the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels (I am doing this at the minute and have lost an inch off my waist already) and she has other DVDs like "6 week 6 pack." She doesn't just do crunches, as other posters have said she works your whole body to maximise calorie/fat burn whilst toning your muscles as well.

Good luck!
  • addisondisease
    Options
    I do smith ball planks after my work outs, i will spend 3 - 5 min in the plank position even if i have to do it in 30 sec sections.
  • MrsRichardson603
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm working hard and do lots of cardio and yoga so I'm hoping my body starts catching up with the work i'm doing. I never thought about squats and the other things suggested so thansks!

BTW, if it helps I am a 5'2 128lbs.