First-timer at dieting, quit boozing

Options
Hi to everyone and late happy new years,
Just joined. I'm not entirely on this for the weight loss, I have recently quit drinking alcohol after I completely lost control of the addiction, but I have managed to put on 15+ ekstra kilos because of it (and bad eating) the last year, so here I am. Know s** all of all things calories etc, so I'm here to try to learn about my nutrition intake. For two weeks I have stuck to fruits, vegetables, fibre, nuts and lost 3 kilos. My strategy is basically to quit all sugar and processed food, and stay away from meat as much as I can. I do feel a lot better already :) Hope to learn more by logging my fuel intake here and hear what others are up to.

Cheers
Ann

Replies

• WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Welcome its a great site and well done for quitting the alcohol feel free to add me as a freind
  • oodlesnoodles
    oodlesnoodles Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello Ann and welcome!

May I congratulate you on your decision to change your life for the better!!!

Many people use this tool for all sorts of things - I hope you find what I have found in my last four months here - a group of supportive, caring, inspiring individuals that really keep me motivated.

I have never stuck with anything as long asI have this site and its realy become quite an invaluable tool.

Since October of 2011, I have lost 23 lbs and am on my way to a total of 70 lbs lost - what a wonderful journey!!

Congrats again and welcome!
  • Ann_72
    Ann_72 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks Mad and snoodles :) Amazing achievements, feels like I will enjoy this journey v much.
  • hettylair
    hettylair Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Great Job Ann!!! My husband and I cut back on alcohol. We only have beers twice a month now. It has helped so much. We are getting so much healthier and the benifits of staying away from the alcohol have been losing weight a lot faster, among other things. Its a little rough going places with friends, but they seem to be pretty understanding and supportive when I don't indulge in a glass of wine or a beer. It's a great great change. Not always easy to separate that, but I feel so good about myself when I have conquered going out and stayed away from the booze. Kudos and keep it up. Feel free to add me to your weight loss team. I'm down 44lbs and have 27 to go. Been running and doing weights. I can't say enough good things about the running addiction. Love love love it, now that I have changed my way of life.
    Hetty